Our valued sponsor

How can I use paypal for accepting micro-transactions from my gameserver? How can I use paypal for accepting micro-transactions from my gameserver?

eiman

Nov 13, 2021
Europe
Visit site
I own a private gameserver of game (Lineage2). Everything is simple. I downloaded free open source GNU licence protected files and opened a project. Emulator in itself is opensource, so on one hand it's "perfectly legal" to own this kinda gameserver, on another hand others would say that this private server still violates copyrights and etc. Anyways.

My problem is that I keep getting banned by paypal for "acceptable use policy" violations. I am accepting just micro transactions from my players.

My last stealth account (registered on my friend's name) lasted only 74 days. We setted up a front (software dev company), he even registered a legit company. In 74 days I received $4,000 worth of micro-transactions, had maybe ~10 disputes (of which I won 9 because I always provide full proof that players get what they buy, it's digital items) and thats it.

One day suddenly paypal asks for more information, I submit information to them (that we are a software development company) and bam, they are initiating account closure.

Seriously I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. I have competitors who process 10-20k usd monthly from their lineage2 gaming projects without any issues. Of course my competitors will not share the information of how they avoid paypal problems. Meanwhile I processed maximum 2k usd monthly, tried to keep low profile and I'm still getting banned for "acceptable use policy" violations.

I called paypal support, they just tell me that after their "back office" did a review on my account, they concluded that my product is not in compliance with their acceptable use policy. They don't tell me why. They don't give me any information. I pushed for appeal which was denied in 1-2 days. That's it.

I need some serious help here. How come other projects manage to process 10-20k usd a month from the very same game and I get limited after processing only 2k usd monthly? In the past 7-8 years I already changed ~8 paypal accounts. Each time I make it stealth: other person's name, new phone number, new IP address (I rent a windows VPS). I even setup a legit business. But somehow paypal finds a way to banhammer me. It just blows my mind.

I own a private gameserver of game (Lineage2). Everything is simple. I downloaded free open source GNU licence protected files and opened a project. Emulator in itself is opensource, so on one hand it's "perfectly legal" to own this kinda gameserver, on another hand others would say that this private server still violates copyrights and etc. Anyways.

My problem is that I keep getting banned by paypal for "acceptable use policy" violations. I am accepting just micro transactions from my players.

My last stealth account (registered on my friend's name) lasted only 74 days. We setted up a front (software dev company), he even registered a legit company. In 74 days I received $4,000 worth of micro-transactions, had maybe ~10 disputes (of which I won 9 because I always provide full proof that players get what they buy, it's digital items) and thats it.

One day suddenly paypal asks for more information, I submit information to them (that we are a software development company) and bam, they are initiating account closure.

Seriously I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. I have competitors who process 10-20k usd monthly from their lineage2 gaming projects without any issues. Of course my competitors will not share the information of how they avoid paypal problems. Meanwhile I processed maximum 2k usd monthly, tried to keep low profile and I'm still getting banned for "acceptable use policy" violations.

I called paypal support, they just tell me that after their "back office" did a review on my account, they concluded that my product is not in compliance with their acceptable use policy. They don't tell me why. They don't give me any information. I pushed for appeal which was denied in 1-2 days. That's it.

I need some serious help here. How come other projects manage to process 10-20k usd a month from the very same game and I get limited after processing only 2k usd monthly? In the past 7-8 years I already changed ~8 paypal accounts. Each time I make it stealth: other person's name, new phone number, new IP address (I rent a windows VPS). I even setup a legit business. But somehow paypal finds a way to banhammer me. It just blows my mind.
Gaming currency sites are a big no-no for most visa/mastercard processors including Paypal. Would be truly interesting to know how your competitors are bypassing these restrictions.

I suspect your competitors may have personal contacts in Paypal who vouched for their legitimacy. Not sure though

Gaming currency sites are a big no-no for most visa/mastercard processors including Paypal (due to very high percentage of chargebacks). Would be truly interesting to know how your competitors are bypassing these restrictions.

I suspect your competitors may have personal contacts in Paypal who vouched for their legitimacy. Not sure though

This is not a gaming currency site. I OWN the game, and people can either "donate" or purchase some "digital points", that's it.

What I can't wrap my head around is why I'm getting suspended by this god damn paypal.

Your answer is right there: what you are doing violates PayPal's AUP. Read the AUP again and you will probably find something in there which matches your business and which PayPal does not accept.

The problem occurs as soon as you get disputes. Whether you win them or not is not a big decision making factor. Disputes make PayPal look at your account. They are probably also connecting your accounts by matching data points like device fingerprints, origin URL, repeat customers, and other similarities. Once multiple identities have been associated with you, you end up on a more or less permanent blacklist. They see you repeatedly violating their AUP.

Have you considered forming a company and talking to PayPal about opening a business account? Is that maybe what your competitors are doing?

I have opened a company and owned mutiple business accounts. Not sure if disputes are the problem tho - Im sure my competitors get lots of them.

Shoould I just accept payments manually for family/friends? In that way players wont be able to dispute. However paypal might have a problem with this?

Fivem.net? Can you send me the link to a store?

Would buying vcc and opening alt uk paypal accounts work? I heard that lt its possible to withdraw paypal balance from uk accounts to crypto. I could reg for example 10 alt paypal accounts by using residential uk proxies and vcc. Then accept maximum 300usd per one account?

Latest Threads