Our valued sponsor

How do you invest?

fx59

Jul 25, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I've been reading a lot here and still learning.
I'm now convinced that I can find a setup for my business and lower my taxes.

But I have one question about all the cash you save from the taxman, saely hidden in some bank account somewhere, what do you do with it?
Do you invest? real estate?
How do you plan to use it without doing some kind of money laundering?

I live in a tax free country and have done for decades after selling my company so nothing hidden from any taxman and every penny earned legally.

I invested in a 30 year average duration bond portfolio 15 years ago. You can't do that now as average yields for euro denominated AAA bonds are under 1.2%...lol. Spent rest of money on Sunseeker Portofino 40 and and put rest in dozens of banks and EMI's more as a hobby than any real diversification.

I don't own property and still rent two small apartment in two different countries.

I live in a tax free country and have done for decades after selling my company so nothing hidden from any taxman and every penny earned legally.

I invested in a 30 year average duration bond portfolio 15 years ago. You can't do that now as average yields for euro denominated AAA bonds are under 1.2%...lol. Spent rest of money on Sunseeker Portofino 40 and and put rest in dozens of banks and EMI's more as a hobby than any real diversification.

I don't own property and still rent two small apartment in two different countries.

I am also looking to move to a tax free country. Would you mind sharing which country (either here or by PM) - obviously no details or city or anything. And perhaps let us know a little bit about how you like the lifestyle there? The cost of living? Fun things to do as hobbies? Crime rate? Weather?

This is like my dream right there!! haha

I am also looking to move to a tax free country. Would you mind sharing which country (either here or by PM) - obviously no details or city or anything. And perhaps let us know a little bit about how you like the lifestyle there? The cost of living? Fun things to do as hobbies? Crime rate? Weather?

This is like my dream right there!! haha

Lets just say that where I live its far too expensive for me to buy compared to where I grew up so I rent a studio. Crime is near zero but weather is good. Cost of living is affordable as long as you don't eat out. For hobby I actually do art and 1-2 times a year I have a popup art gallery to sell my art. I don't know about dream but I am very humble and understand the value of money in order not to waste it.

Reactions: jjrapy and marder
Lets just say that where I live its far too expensive for me to buy compared to where I grew up so I rent a studio. Crime is near zero but weather is good. Cost of living is affordable as long as you don't eat out. For hobby I actually do art and 1-2 times a year I have a popup art gallery to sell my art. I don't know about dream but I am very humble and understand the value of money in order not to waste it.

Extremely well said, especially the last line. Best of luck to you!
PS: Carribean?

One is Bahamas
and Other one ???

Which country ?
Very curious.
If It is possible to share ?

That post was 3 years ago in 2018. The apartment was in Europe but has long since gone since brexit ;).

Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads