Our valued sponsor

How do you make money?

I did invest in crypto but the truth is that only a small fraction of my portfolio is in it. I always preferred stocks and ETFs. I love the concept of crypto though and I wish more people would see its advantages instead of seeing it as a get-rich-quick scheme.

You can easily do the math. For instance, assume an income of $4,000/mo and only spending $1,000 a month.

That's $3,000 per month saved. In one year you have $36,000. Simply investing those $36,000 in the SP500 will give you a 7% return (historic rates and last 20 years as well).

Plug the numbers in Excel and you'll see that in 20 years you have almost $1,000,000.

And that's just with an income of $4,000. Add better paid work that can be done remotely and requires skills (like programming or design) and you can reach a million much more quickly, and then just let compound interest do its magic and you can sit and watch your money grow by itself.

Almost everyone I know who became rich from scratch (without inheritance or anything like that) did it this way. I even know someone who was a PE teacher in high school, and now he owns a huge hotel worth millions of dollars. How did he do it? Slowly over time, building the hotel from scratch, room by room, acquiring land as needed, looking for the best rates for construction work, doing construction work himself... It all paid off in the end and I'm sure he enjoyed the journey as well.

And I also know middle class people who are stuck there even though they earn much more than that PE teacher. Still working 10 hours a day and will continue doing so because they don't have the mindset. They own a bunch of cars and toys that they bought with money they didn't have and are still paying off, they spend hard every weekend, they're always in debt. It's their life, but they'll never be rich. It's mathematically impossible for them unless they win the lottery (which they also waste their money in btw).

I'm fully convinced that doing it slowly, with a plan, and controlling one's expenses is the best way to do it, and has a high chance of success (almost 100% I'd say if one sticks to the plan).

But, of course, I'm open to be proven wrong and be shown how making an extra million in the next 10 minutes is actually easier. :D
If you can't make money while sleeping, you will keep working for the rest of your life. Warren buffett.
You nailed it my friend!
I always think that best advice is to buy low cost etf Like I have Voo with 0.03% expense and 7% inflation free income.
BTW what other etfs you are into?

Reactions: scooterguy
If you can't make money while sleeping, you will keep working for the rest of your life. Warren buffett.
You nailed it my friend!
I always think that best advice is to buy low cost etf Like I have Voo with 0.03% expense and 7% inflation free income.
BTW what other etfs you are into?

Yeah ETFs like VOO are pretty good, I think it's also good advice to invest in stuff you know about or are passionate about.

Like that guy who built the hotel, he got much bigger returns than any ETF would give over the years. Others are good with real estate, with land, or with a certain type of business. As another example, I know someone who did the same with a small clothing shop that they expanded over the years until they created a successful local brand that almost everyone in the city knows about.

But all those financially successful people share the same habits: they live below their means, they invest and save, and stick to their long-term plan.

So whatever you do, stick to those concepts and the day when you realize that you don't really need to work anymore will arrive quicker than you think (if it hasn't arrived for you already)!

And one always has to keep learning. That's why I'm here and always continue reading and researching. I'm always looking for opinions and experiences from others to continue getting better, especially in forums like this one where you have some really successful people that I won't even try to compare myself to... I'll just stick to learning from them.

Yeah ETFs like VOO are pretty good, I think it's also good advice to invest in stuff you know about or are passionate about.

Like that guy who built the hotel, he got much bigger returns than any ETF would give over the years. Others are good with real estate, with land, or with a certain type of business. As another example, I know someone who did the same with a small clothing shop that they expanded over the years until they created a successful local brand that almost everyone in the city knows about.

But all those financially successful people share the same habits: they live below their means, they invest and save, and stick to their long-term plan.

So whatever you do, stick to those concepts and the day when you realize that you don't really need to work anymore will arrive quicker than you think (if it hasn't arrived for you already)!

And one always has to keep learning. That's why I'm here and always continue reading and researching. I'm always looking for opinions and experiences from others to continue getting better, especially in forums like this one where you have some really successful people that I won't even try to compare myself to... I'll just stick to learning from them.
Check this etf past performance:
omx20

I was studying omxc20 and found out that their 60% of their portfolio goes to this company: Novo Nordisk
Apparently this is a unique health care company that treats chronic illnesses.
It is a huge company for health care
Pictures speak for them selves;

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231026_225300_Google.png
    Screenshot_20231026_225300_Google.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20231026_225515_Google.png
    Screenshot_20231026_225515_Google.png
    288.3 KB · Views: 24
I was studying omxc20 and found out that their 60% of their portfolio goes to this company: Novo Nordisk
Apparently this is a unique health care company that treats chronic illnesses.
It is a huge company for health care
Pictures speak for them selves;

Nice work, uranium!

That company doesn't look like a bad investment. I read a bit more and found out it pays a 1% dividend as well, which has been increased consecutively for the last 22 years.

Not going to invest on it at the moment, but I will definitely keep an eye on it!

Reactions: uranium
Nice work, uranium!

That company doesn't look like a bad investment. I read a bit more and found out it pays a 1% dividend as well, which has been increased consecutively for the last 22 years.

Not going to invest on it at the moment, but I will definitely keep an eye on it!
Definitely agreed
I believe that betting all on one company is a gamble no matter how well it is doing.
Imagine if founder dies tomorrow in a car crash what will happen to stock price?
Also because of some politics a big company can get banned and you loose big money.
You see this stock of Novo Nordisk is making 50% a year!! But i prefer to bet on a country than a company. So I would stick to omxc20 with only 10% and sleep well.
Diversification is always key in investment.

Reactions: scooterguy