Our valued sponsor

how i can open personal account in bank of georgia remotely

You can easily do that; you just need to have an agent in Georgia who can help you with setting up the account there. I'm not sure that you can completely avoid showing up at the bank - I know that up until about a year ago, it was possible. There have been a few people here who have specialized in that sort of thing.

For instant PB Service have been around here some years ago.

Reactions: Forester
My account is still open and has been for the last 6 years, if not more. The bank asked for some documents a while ago, they received them and I haven't heard anything since. And no, I will not disclose which bank it is! That would be foolish and asking for trouble.

But of course, you might be right regarding new accounts being opened, if that is at all possible.

My account is still open and has been for the last 6 years, if not more. The bank asked for some documents a while ago, they received them and I haven't heard anything since. And no, I will not disclose which bank it is! That would be foolish and asking for trouble.

But of course, you might be right regarding new accounts being opened, if that is at all possible.
Yes, probably because you have been a client for this long. I know what bank you use and they don't offer this any longer. If you have small activity, then it's a maybe for new customers but otherwise, yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EliasIT
Can confirm both @EliasIT and @Rome are right. Accounts that were opened long enough ago are still generally safe, especially if the bank is happy with the balance and activities. But if you open a new account in Georgia recently or today, they are very trigger happy in closing accounts.

I've heard of several cases where banks require in-person visits after account opening.

Reactions: sinos and EliasIT
Without stepping on your toes, you always seem to have problems with banks - I think I can find the first 15 threads where you've gotten yourself into trouble with banks all over the globe. So maybe you're just the black sheep in the banking sector, the child no one wants to play with.

It is definitely certain that one cannot open a bank account in the Republic of Georgia the way things stand now and today - you will be rejected already at the first phone call. It is possible that if you set up a "real" local business and live there, you might be allowed, but for all the rest of us, it's a huge no.

Aren't we all black sheeps here in this forum?
I definitely don't have the same problems with banks as many here do, so no, I don't believe that's the case for everyone.

Reactions: khinkali
It is definitely certain that one cannot open a bank account in the Republic of Georgia the way things stand now and today - you will be rejected already at the first phone call. It is possible that if you set up a "real" local business and live there, you might be allowed, but for all the rest of us, it's a huge no.
Are you reffering to remote opening only? Or in-person one too?

Latest Threads