Votes: 56 46.3%
  • up to 30K euro I'm fine

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • up to 100K euro I'm fine

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • up to 250K euro I'm fine

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
You don’t have freedom to choose anything on Wise. You are in the hands of the psycho monkeys in their compliance department. Your account can be closed/frozen at any time, irrespective of how you use it, how much money you move, your balance, your DD documents etc.
One has to remember how t_wise started in the business. There were/are a mass marketer that paid account opening bonuses to open as many accounts as quickly as possible. No documents were required. Those accounts are still operational and they cannot be closed without impacting the company in a very negative way. The only thing they did was to impose a monthly transfer limit on those accounts. Some people have 20, others 200 accounts.

This is quite different to opening accounts in a bank branch spending an hour with an experienced representative.

No documents were required. Those accounts are still operational and they cannot be closed without impacting the company
I have provided documents from the very beginning, that's about 4 years ago. I don't know when they started but I believe closing accounts if they fail to provide KYC is not a problem.

One has to remember how t_wise started in the business. There were/are a mass marketer that paid account opening bonuses to open as many accounts as quickly as possible. No documents were required. Those accounts are still operational and they cannot be closed without impacting the company in a very negative way. The only thing they did was to impose a monthly transfer limit on those accounts. Some people have 20, others 200 accounts.
i love to read about stuff like that . it's great to see how they act under pressure -obviously very passivebla-"!.

Don’t keep your money with any bank. Buy crypto and store it on a cold wallet.
like a ledger?

^ I second the question above although this time with Paypal. If I withdraw from my own Paypal into Wise (personal account), do they consider this 'business income' and may start asking questions, or does it count as just wiring personal funds? Does anyone have experience with Paypal to Wise Personal?
Were you able to withdraw/send your funds from paypal to Wise? I wasn't.

it is wise not to trust any emi

we were fine until some unknown event unrelated to us caused a number of cancelled accounts and subsequent legal action. As to amounts, irrelevant but expect this to be just a normal retail emi whereby they rather have no money but charge fees, very much like the other low cost emi sh*t shows
What alternative did you find after wise closed your account?

Last edited:

Latest Threads