Our valued sponsor

how to bring back the money from my foreign company?

LisaSimpson

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I have an Irish company and I am a spanish fiscal resident. In Spain, i am a sole trader (trabajador autonomo). Can I invoice my own Irish company? I wonder if I could be the supplier of my own company, invoice my company. This would be the same issue with any foreign companies (Cyprus as local company, Estonia, usa ).

Furthermore, when there there is a corporate tax, the dividends are paid after the corporate tax. When you invoice your company it is an expense and it comes before the profits. It means that with my Irish company, if I take 100 euros dividends out of 1000 profits, I have to pay 12.5% corporate tax on my 100 euros dividends. Not that much for sure. If I invoice my Irish company 100 euros, I have no corporate tax to pay on it because it is part of expenses. I just have to justify my work for the company.

Normally, dividends are paid once or twice per year everywhere in Europe. dividends are not paid every month otherwise they are considered to be salary. I have heard that in Estonia, some people have setup companies and paid themselves salary every month and it was reclassified as salary but those people where estonia fiscal residents.

Anyways if you have any ideas how to create a setup to bring back the money, please share it!

Reactions: diablo
As far as I know, in the UK many contractors take dividends monthly, I assume that Ireland is not an exception.
if you had 1000€ profit you have to pay 12.5% of corporate tax (125€), from the remaining value (875€) you can take your 100€ which of course will apply the corresponding dividend tax. As you are not an Irish resident I assume you have to pay according to the rules of your country, which if I'm not wrong in Spain the minimum is 19% if I'm not wrong.

Reactions: LisaSimpson