Our valued sponsor

How to buy a property below market

kkein

Pro Member
Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi, i noticed many here are in the real estate business.
I wonder if some of you are willing to share some high level tips or strategies for how to get a property below market price.
I suppose real estate agencies would have to be avoided to start with?

(disclaimer: i'm not going to enter that market as a business, but some of those who will read this thread might :)

-Get to know lots of real estate agents, and get them to understand that you have cash and can act quick if they bring you a good deal
-Talk to old people especially in old buildings, many of them want to get rid of their apartments and willing to give you a good price if you can close a deal fast and pay them fast
-Go to small\2nd\3rd tire cities. It will be hard to find opportunities in major cities as all the big players with big pockets are focused on them and there is a lot of competition. Yields are also higher in smaller cities
-Get to know developers and ask them of new projects that are still in planning phase, sometimes you can buy stuff off the plan cheaper (but with higher risk)
-Buy in bulk: if you buy 5-10 apartments off a developer you may be able to get a discount

Reactions: isyet and kkein

Latest Threads