Our valued sponsor

How to confirm my current address

karim8899

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
How to confirm my current address if I don't live for a long time in one place?

I've faced with a problem of confirming my current address. For opening a UK company, for instance. For other types of verification - for fintech companies.

I've been several years since I was in my country. I'm on the road. Usually I'll stay a couple weeks - a few months in one country. Almost never do I have a proper contract with the owner of a place where I stay. Because it's not necessary or because they have no proper printed documents for that or because they only have hand-written documents that don't look like official ones. Or because I stay short-term or pay day by day.

Is there a decent robust legit way for me to get an address confirmation? One that looks legit and official.

via airbnb somehow? or via consultancy of my home country in a current country? or via notary?

I understand you need a personal address and not for the company.
So when you create a company in UK, you don't have to provide documents about your personal adress, just put what you want; you will need a registered adress for the company but every agent offer this service.
For fintech if it s asked, just photoshop an utility bill and that's it.
The letters from the company house , or cards from bank will be deliver to the company adress and not your so a fake supporting document will do the job.

yes, personal address. which I can confirm whenever I am located this month.

my question isn't restricted to opening a UK only

I understand you need a personal address and not for the company.
they've told me: you have to provide a proof of your current address. I've sent them already 2 documents, but they've not been sutfisfied with them. They want somthing like a phone bill or utility bill, not a certificate from immigration

How to confirm my current address if I don't live for a long time in one place?

I've faced with a problem of confirming my current address. For opening a UK company, for instance. For other types of verification - for fintech companies.

I've been several years since I was in my country. I'm on the road. Usually I'll stay a couple weeks - a few months in one country. Almost never do I have a proper contract with the owner of a place where I stay. Because it's not necessary or because they have no proper printed documents for that or because they only have hand-written documents that don't look like official ones. Or because I stay short-term or pay day by day.

Is there a decent robust legit way for me to get an address confirmation? One that looks legit and official.

via airbnb somehow? or via consultancy of my home country in a current country? or via notary?
Do you have any bank account? What address do they have? You should be able to use that bank statement.

Have you asked a lawyer if he is able to provide you with a professional reference letter with your details on? Most often this works for almost anything you want to setup.

You can ask the service requesting your documents if that would be sufficient.

Do you have any bank account? What address do they have? You should be able to use that bank statement.
"use that address" -- ahahahah. I can use it, of course. The problem is to get a document which confirms it as well.

Have you asked a lawyer if he is able to provide you with a professional reference letter with your details on? Most often this works for almost anything you want to setup.

You can ask the service requesting your documents if that would be sufficient.

that'll be a last resort because I figure it'll be expensive.

Most lawyers can do that for less than 150 euro - if you can't effort it you proparly don't need a company.

Btw. you can double quote in one post.. it will make my live easier!

Most lawyers can do that for less than 150 euro - if you can't effort it you proparly don't need a company.

I forgot to ask your advice -- whether or not I need a company if I can't affort to pay 150 euro for such a document.

I asked if you have a bank account. If you have a bank account it should be possible to get a pdf statement.
Yes. That statement can't be gotten remotely -- one with my address stated on it. Only one without my addresss on it.
Even in a bank they don't understand what it is all about.

Ask you bank to change your address to one you can receive letters to. Then request a statement sent there.
Once again - this won't work. Some banks support it, yes. But one of my banks doesn't understand what that is in the first place -- language barrier. Other doesn't support that. Moreover, that can't be obtained by email, only offline in their branch.

Additonally, I'm in a country A, my bank in a country B, other is in country C, other is in country D. Namely, thety won't sent a letter abroad, only locally.

Solve the problem: Get a permanent address somewhere.

Rent an apartment (or buy a property, if you can afford it). Have some utilities connected to it. If you do it some place cheap, it won't cost much. Stop by there a few times a year. If you own it, you can rent it out when you're not there.

Looking across EU/Europe, you can get an apartment for a few hundred EUR (or equivalent) a month. With some utilities, it doesn't have to cost more than a few thousand EUR per year. It's up to you to decide whether it's worth the cost.

If you are a EU citizen and in the EU at some point you may open a Basic Payment Account with whatever address you are temporarily staying at. If you do so in 2 countries (with same address) you will have two address confirmations from financial institutions, which will cover your needs.

Getting utility bill is virtually impossible in your situation unless you reach a deal to pay the utility bill of someone ... (not adviseable).

It can work, especially if they also do more than just mobile plans. DSL, TV, and other services tie you to a physical place more than a mobile plan. Or you were just lucky enough to get a sloppy compliance officer. A lot of variables go into whether a document is approved.

But generally speaking, there is an increasing risk of mobile-only bills not being accepted.

yes, personal address. which I can confirm whenever I am located this month.

my question isn't restricted to opening a UK only

they've told me: you have to provide a proof of your current address. I've sent them already 2 documents, but they've not been sutfisfied with them. They want somthing like a phone bill or utility bill, not a certificate from immigration
So it s what i said. Take an utility bill ( water, electricity... ) from a friend, or someone and photoshop it.
When you go nomad, offshore or under the radars, you have to think a bit out the box. Is there something impossible in what I suggest?

Reactions: Cetme308win
And what are you going to do when they send something to that address? We want to hope your friend or who ever live there will take care of what comes in the mail box.

Photoshop is a real good solution but you need to think 3 steps ahead

I make difference between personal and business address.
I always have received, letters from company house / cards / codes ( the old system of verification ) to the business registered address.
Seems we speak about how to go through compliance with documents to proof the personal address of the company owner and not an address to receive documents.
So in this case and until today, i use photoshop when it's asked.
If i didn't the OP questions, you can delete my replies.

Latest Threads