Our valued sponsor

How to correctly incorporate LLC in the US (truly hiding my home country address)?

tomwis

Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
I have incorporated an LLC in Wyoming via IncFile, but I can clearly see my real address in "Princial office" and "Mailing address" when searching through http://wyobiz.wyo.gov.

Is there a way to keep these really hidden?
If yes - can I simply amend this company or do I need to start a fresh one? (I'm afraid even after amendment the original contact details will remain publicly available).
Maybe I should incorporate via other registray instead IncFile?

Reactions: GameBoy
It depends of who register your LLC, none of my LLCs have my address in any of the state lists because my registered agent writes its address every time I open a new LLC.

About if you need to open a new one, I think yes but I'm not sure.

When you incorporate the company, it's normally the Registered Agent's address that appears as Principal Office and Mailing Address. Either IncFile doesn't offer that as a service, or you missed it during the incorporation procedure.

Even if you can change it, once on public record, assume it's always going to be there on historical records.

IncFile is incorporates in all 50 states. It's a company factory.
They obviously missed (or didn't care) that WY LLC's are supposed to be anyonymous.
I'm getting ready to start an LLC and wyomingagents.com or buffalo agents are my top picks.
It's best to incorporate with a WY agent, they will take care your company stays anyonmous.

A Wyoming LLC is anonymous when incorporating. You need to renew your business annually. They require a director or owner be listed at that time.
No, it doesn't have to be a director or owner. It can be anyone representing the company. The registered agent can be authorised to sign the annual report. Registered agents usually charge a small fee for it.

Reactions: Asterion

Latest Threads