Our valued sponsor

Question How to create substance for a business in an expensive jurisdiction?

Roamer

Dec 4, 2020
Visit site
Assuming one is living in a high-tax country and will move to a low-tax jurisdiction in the next few years. That same person wants to move their limited company in that low-tax jurisdiction now. For example, incorporating in Singapore. The company generates $225,000 per year as pre-CT profits.

What are your strategies to create substance in an expensive jurisdiction, like Singapore, in a cost-efficient way?

The sole shareholder would leave the money in the company. They will only draw dividends once they moved themselves there.

Singapore is very very expensive. Also they have tax. It depends what is your business? I would advice UAE
In expensive jurisdiction to make cheap... It's a good question. I would advice to find some local friend..

might consider Labuan in Malaysia, complying with substance requirements there is in the range 15-20k USD with offices and employees and you get eligible to the Labuan 3% corporate tax rate. no tax on dividend like Singapore and very good and easy banking solution.
the mandatory secretary agency for the company can take care of everything, cost is around 3500 USD per year including basic audit.

I am not sure singapore is going to be cost effective at all but I could be wrong.

Reactions: fshore