Our valued sponsor

how to create your own tor network using multiple vps server

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
how to create your own tor network using multiple vps server ?

Creating multiple VPS droplet and make your own tor network with all white list IP addresses...
Is it possible ?
Any simple solution do you know for creating your own tor network ?

Thanks

Wireguard (and OpenVPN) are just proxies/VPNs. It sounds more like @troubled soul wants to build a whole network of interconnected servers.

If you just want a bunch of servers to act as a VPN, search for Wireguard or OpenVPN road warriors. Pick one that seems reputable and open source. A road warrior will do most of the heavy lifting for you. Connect to your servers via SSH and run the road warrior script.

Or are you looking for a VPC (Virtual Private Cloud)?

Reactions: troubled soul
You can create a full mesh VPN by adding all peers to all VPS servers, and configuring the globally reachable IP (v4 or v6) address as endpoint on each peer.

You can also use AWS for creating private networks between your servers.

Wireguard (and OpenVPN) are just proxies/VPNs. It sounds more like @troubled soul wants to build a whole network of interconnected servers.

If you just want a bunch of servers to act as a VPN, search for Wireguard or OpenVPN road warriors. Pick one that seems reputable and open source. A road warrior will do most of the heavy lifting for you. Connect to your servers via SSH and run the road warrior script.

Or are you looking for a VPC (Virtual Private Cloud)?
I am trying to create Ultra secure sophisticated "tor" kind of network to protect my real identity ?

Lets say
Home PC -> Entry VPS -> VPS 1 -> VPS 2 -> ..........................VPS N -> Exit VPS -> My target website (Server )

Am I overthinking or Overdoing for Protecting my real identity ?
Do you know any most ultra secure method to do this ?
I can spend money for that...

Sorry for my bad English...........Hope you get it what I want to achieve

I am trying to create Ultra secure sophisticated "tor" kind of network to protect my real identity ?

Lets say
Home PC -> Entry VPS -> VPS 1 -> VPS 2 -> ..........................VPS N -> Exit VPS -> My target website (Server )

Why not use tor directly?

Don't try to invent something that is already invented, tested and works flawlessly.

You can use a proxy after the exit node of tor so it doesn't appear as that you are using tor.

Lets say

no, it makes perfect sense and everyone should/will have to do it sooner or later
the amount of data collection and tracking on all thinkable levels from tracking iframes in webpages down to TLS fingerprinting and route scanning is beyond imaginable already

as I said before buying cheap (1-5EUR per month) VPS servers, using WireGuard (look at it as a virtual UTP cable) to connect it together and then adding whatever logic you desire (randomization, per target routing, obscure paths, ...)

this is the simplest and most robust solution that you're not dependent on any (potentially malicious) third party (except disposable VPS)

Tor Network speed is extremely slow....How to deal with that problem ?
No way of dealing with it, real anonymity has a cost.

Linking private VPS within different jurisdictions might work if you are not a target but I wouldn't suggest it as a anonymous solution.

VPN providers (Mullvad, NordVPN) are pseudoanonymous because thousands of people use the same IP address to access the internet, so if they don't keep logs, it's impossible to know who is who.

If you set up a VPN in a private VPS it will be only you the one using it so pretty easy to catch you, also some datacenters or governments (the US for example) keep logs for surveillance.

Just try to stay outside services hosted or owned by these countries: Fourteen Eyes Countries: How does this affect your privacy and security?

For example, a safer and faster option would be NordVPN or Mullvad multi-hoop VPN.

Safest Jurisdictions in my opinion: Russia (If you are from a western country), Iceland, Sweden (maybe after nato accession no longer safe), Switzerland (known to collaborate)

Last edited:
Easiest: use Tor.

Easy: buy VPN (in fake name if they ask for one) with anonymous crypto.

Complicated: buy servers (VPS) under fake name, pay with anonymous crypto, and set up Wireguard/OpenVPN using road warriors.

Use a different email address each time. Place the order using Tor (if accepted) or other VPN.

If you want to connect the servers so that you connect to VPS 1 but exit from VPS 2 or 3, look into multihopping. There are probably guides online you can follow.

Latest Threads