Our valued sponsor

Question How to get my money back from Wise.com

Let's not forget the owner of WISE (allegedly) 'forgot' to pay his taxes in the UK.
Well you are on a forum which is basically dedicated to tax planning. Not paying (personal) taxes certainly doesn't make your business untrustworthy.

While Wise certainly has some problems, it's been working fine for a lot of people, probably >98%. And they are listed on LSE - don't forget that even Payoneer tightened their terms of service after IPO.

Well you are on a forum which is basically dedicated to tax planning. Not paying (personal) taxes certainly doesn't make your business untrustworthy.
It depends on how you do that smi(&%
While Wise certainly has some problems, it's been working fine for a lot of people, probably >98%. And they are listed on LSE - don't forget that even Payoneer tightened their terms of service after IPO.
The same was said of wirecard… listing on a stock exchange is actually one of the best way to exit a scam or to move it to the next level.

I'll teach you the rules of the FCA:

We’ve decided to keep your account closed.

We’ve completed our checks — so we can process your refund.

We'll return any money on your account to the refund account you told us about during the deactivation procedure.

Bear in mind that refunds can take from 2-5 business days to go back into your account — and on rare occasions, up to 10 working days.

Unfortunately, we can’t tell you the specific reason why we’ve closed your account— it’s because of how we’re regulated. But you can read our Terms of Use, where we explain how we’re allowed to close accounts.
Today I got this mail, I wonder did UK financial ombudsman help and can i do something about they kept my for like 1 month instead 10 days.

Today I got this mail,
Well... just be happy – and watch the time...
I wonder did UK financial ombudsman help
May be; or probably yes – one month is really quite fast, with respect to another Wise related stories... :( (Perhaps fortunately – you clearly violated their TOS but not related to a big amount...)
and can i do something about they kept my for like 1 month instead 10 days.
Well, de facto nothing, I am afraid. (I mean, anything you can do yields result that is not worth the effort.)

Reactions: Ridden3328
Hello, my wise.com account is closed and made an appeal for get back my money then I got message about We will response in 10 business day but it's been already 16 business day. I sent a few support ticket to them about situation but they suddenly stopped to reply my support tickets after account closure.

Have i been scammed? Does anybody experienced something like this?
By now I assume you have already received your money back? Maybe you should update this post so others can learn from you?

Reactions: Forester
wise is a big scamm immagine all funds frozen , who ithe regulator of wise is not clear to me

complaince should be before you credit the account not after , this is ascam pratice, i credit your account than i froze them for 6 mounths and i earn on the interest , just because i think sothing is sospicoius

Does anyone know that how i can get faster my funds? I need them asap
What is your situation/story? Your account was frozen? For what reason?
Generally, issues go faster when you
- are very clear but polite in your demands;
- are presenting a solid background for your arguments;
- have patience and stay kind in conversations;
- are persistent and reasonable, asking for updates at reasonable intervals (i.e. not spamming them).

I had urgent situation and i bought crypto from binance (£100). They closed my business account based in UK. I had talk with them by phone and they said customer support can see the reason of closing account. After that immediately i filled the form for refund my balance and then for appeal. Second day I sent them an email
Hello,
Today my business account <<snip>> is deactivated. I am about to file a formal complaint against Wise in the UK with the Financial Ombudsman. I inform you that all my balance must be deposited immediately to the specified bank number. I request that my balance be deposited into my account before the loan installment remaining which is next week and all losses to arise.

I know they don’t have any responsibility about loses but I wanted tell them how urgent it is. I had 5000£ in my business account.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did something which is clearly forbidden by their ToS.
Unfortunately, it is exactly so. In some/many cases, Wise freezes (especially business) accounts without an understandable background but this case is perfectly transparent. (WTF, how could you pick up an idea to pay for a crypto from Wise – if it is perfectly clear that it leads to the account closure? But it is your business ;))

If your priority was and is to have your money back ASAP, it was probably contra-productive to file an appeal. The probability to have your account reactivated is extremely low and the appeal process only eats time. (AFAIK, they will not send you the money back until closing the appeal file.) Perhaps you can write to them that you understand that you made a mistake, so you are withdrawing an appeal and just asking for your money back (a small “sorry” could also help).

At this moment, there is no base for complaint against Wise with the Financial Ombudsman. You can use it when the process takes more time than it is in ToS (or more, than it is reasonable).

Reactions: Jerry1911

Latest Threads