Our valued sponsor

How to open an account in Cartu Bank Georgia ?

Remy

Jul 6, 2019
Visit site
I tried to open a personal account in Cartu Bank in Tbilissi. I've been first in an agency (looks like a State administration in the 70's), and then in the head office of the bank. I've been speaking 30 minutes, answering to many intrusive questions, showing documents I've prepared. I promised to deposit 20 or 30 000 USD on their Time Deposit if they open me an account. Finally after a few days, I got their answer : Niet ! No reason to explain why they refuse me only "Due to internal policy...bla bla". I answered if it was a question of amount, I could deposit more USD. A few days after, same answer : Niet "Due to internal policy..."

I would like to know if somebody succeeds to open an account, personal or corporate, in this bank. Generally, somebody could explain why you are very welcome in TBC and BOG, and why absolutly not in Cartu Bank.

Well the question is, why would you want to open an account at one of the smallest banks in Georgia when, as you pointed out, TBC and BoG are welcoming?

Also, it could have to do with your passport. I know that BoG will refrain from opening personal accounts to certain nationalities.

Well the question is, why would you want to open an account at one of the smallest banks in Georgia when, as you pointed out, TBC and BoG are welcoming?

Also, it could have to do with your passport. I know that BoG will refrain from opening personal accounts to certain nationalities.
For their Visa debit card with unlimited spending coming with the account. I could be useful. I have EU passport, not sure the issue was related to my nationality.

If you can deposit 100,000 € you can do private banking in Georgia (higher than retail and priority banking) and you get a Visa infinity card. I think they even offer unlimited cash world wide.
I agree to the other comments: Why open an account with such a small bank.

The good point is Visa Debit Cards from Cartu Bank have no limit, it's very rare.

Same as Cyprus debit cards have, no limit at all on their Visa Platinum card.

• Wow
Reactions: Remy
If you can deposit 100,000 € you can do private banking in Georgia (higher than retail and priority banking) and you get a Visa infinity card. I think they even offer unlimited cash world wide.

What Georgian banks do you have in mind for doing private banking if you have 100K euro?

Much about Cyprus banks you won't find on their website for good reasons. It's for their business account.

Reactions: Remy
Would you trust a bank in Georgia even Bank of Georgia with 100K euro ?

Latest Threads