Our valued sponsor

How would you rate Bank of Valletta in Malta for international banking pls?

CCLogicFan

Offshore Agent
Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Bank of Valletta ( More... ) is a Maltese bank and financial services company. They say they welcome international clients.

My experience of them is that they come across as fairly professional but they seem a bit 'Mediterranean' in their practices e.g. my contact there finishes work at 2:30pm every day and he has had a variety of issues in just the last few days alone e.g. couldn't make international call to me because of issues with their phone systems, and they also had email issues as well.

Any feedback on them for international current accounts please?

How easy/difficult do they make it to wire transfer funds out of one's account?

Thanks a million in advance for any feedback!

Thank you for your review, it seems from what you wrote that they have troubles to do simple customer support. Maybe you were just unlucky that day and other may have had better luck to open an account with them.

Reactions: happyjohn
Does they provide depositor insurance? For how long have they been in business? What capital are they backed with? do they belong to a group of something larger?

Lots and lots of question I have before I place a single euro into such an operation which seems to me operated and managed by some former financial people out for making a quick fortune!

Reactions: negon and happyjohn
Does they provide depositor insurance? For how long have they been in business? What capital are they backed with? do they belong to a group of something larger?
Lots and lots of question I have before I place a single euro into such an operation which seems to me operated and managed by some former financial people out for making a quick fortune!
No they don't provide depositor Insurance for that reasons it is a no go!

Reactions: negon
I didn't had any troubles opening an account with them for about 4 years ago where I was referred by a friend to them. Have been using them since ever then with smaller amounts below the 5k!
What has your experience been with them please?

What's their customer service like? Is their internet banking of a high standard?

Is there a reason you have stuck to only amounts below €5k?

Thanks a million in advance for any feedback! If I can help in any way in return, please do not hesitate to ask :)

hmmm, not sure why you believe that a quick search on google shows they are a fully operated bank More... and for that reasons as also mentioned here already they should by applicable EU laws have a despositor insurance / protection of min. 100k

Anyway, Malta has no banking secrecy at all if you are going to bank there you won't have any protection of privacy!

What has your experience been with them please?

What's their customer service like? Is their internet banking of a high standard?

Is there a reason you have stuck to only amounts below 5k?

Thanks a million in advance for any feedback! If I can help in any way in return, please do not hesitate to ask :)
I'm using them only for wire transfers to my other offshore account. From time to time I receive money there from one vendor that's why I keep it below 5k I don't think there is anything wrong with them.

If someone holds an account there I doubt they will want to report it here actually. Also because the thread is old it does not mean it isn't of interest for anyone any longer :D

Reactions: pesto