Our valued sponsor

hsbc uae or hsbc expat jersey - barclays channel islands

ShillGates

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
Would you open straight hsbc expat in jersey or go to hsbc uae, quick open premier status and then try to open hsbc expat jersey?

Trying to push some funds in different jurisdictions

Heads Jersey/IOM is trickier these days?

barclays jersey is non responsive when it comes to applying for accounts, black hole?! Barclays uae only does wealth management at some stupid high numbers....

any advice re HSBC or Barclays

I would open with both HSBC jersey and UAE. I am surprised Barclays Jersey is non-responsive. Did you try opening online with Barclay or did you just email them and got no reply?

Reactions: troubled soul
filled out application two weeks ago, with a video call request in a week (for barclays you can set the requested time for video call), but nothing nada, called them - whoever is dealing with it no response, emailed them, no repsonse.

hsbc - yeah why not, lets do both, (thought it would be for example hsbc uae premier, then request to open jersey)

Any other banks you think would be helpful to use as personal banking outside uae ? was thinking standard chartered premier banking (or whatever their equivalent is of "premier hsbc")

Last edited:
hsbc - yeah why not, lets do both, (thought it would be for example hsbc uae premier, then request to open jersey)

If I had to choose would take HSBC Jersey in first instance due to UAE FATF grey listing.

filled out application two weeks ago, with a video call request in a week (for barclays you can set the requested time for video call), but nothing nada, called them - whoever is dealing with it no response, emailed them, no repsonse.
I am really surprised as well as Martin Everson :(. (I did not hear anything bad about Barclays in the past.)
I only recall that in the past Barclays Jersey did not serve international clients, just locals, and they were all directed to Barclays Isle of Man; but it was perhaps happening automagically during the application.
Did you called and/or e-mailed Barclays Jersey or Barclays Isle of Man? Nevertheless, the silence should not occur in any case :(
Any other banks you think would be helpful to use as personal banking outside uae ? was thinking standard chartered premier banking (or whatever their equivalent is of "premier hsbc")
Standard Chartered is IMO remarkably better than HSBC and their premier banking is definitely worth to consider.

HSBC expat is not SEPA-compliant, so it is expensive for € incoming and outgoing money. SEPA is only possible with BARCLAYS IOM, SEPA direct debit as well.

All banks in the Channel Islands (except BARCLAYS) there is no SEPA! So is BARCLAYS IOM the best!

Reactions: PhantomOf ThePits
HSBC expat is not SEPA-compliant, so it is expensive for € incoming and outgoing money. SEPA is only possible with BARCLAYS IOM, SEPA direct debit as well.

All banks in the Channel Islands (except BARCLAYS) there is no SEPA! So is BARCLAYS IOM the best!

You know that most of the world don't care about SEPA including me....lol.