Our valued sponsor

I can't be an employee of an English company

AdH

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Jan 13, 2023
United Kingdom
Visit site
I am EU passport, born in EU, and I have been working in selling companies since many years ago. Now, I have received a very good work offer from an UK ltd company, to work for the company with an employment contract in England, with my payroll and social security. I would develop my work, in Europe, visiting clients; my actual physical residence is NOT in England! The English Registered Accountant says that the contract cannot be carried out, because I do not reside in England. Any solution???

I am EU passport, born in EU, and I have been working in selling companies since many years ago. Now, I have received a very good work offer from an UK ltd company, to work for the company with an employment contract in England, with my payroll and social security. I would develop my work, in Europe, visiting clients; my actual physical residence is NOT in England! The English Registered Accountant says that the contract cannot be carried out, because I do not reside in England. Any solution???
You may need to offer them your work as a freelancer or move to UK.

Thanks a lot Avalanche,
in case I work as freelance, where have I to pay taxes? ans Social Insurance?
Regarding to move to UK, I could get an address with a room, with my utility bill in that address. Could be valid ?
But in this case, should I ask for a VISA work ?

Thanks in advance
AdH

Presumably when the company made an offer to you they expected you to move to the UK? If your salary is high enough then you should be able to secure a UK visa and your company should be able to help/sponsor you.

If you/they do not want you to move to the UK, there are two options. They hire you through a local payroll provider on full time basis. Or they hire you as a freelancer, at which point you will be responsible for your own taxes in whatever country you happen to be a tax resident.

Thanks a lot Avalanche,
in case I work as freelance, where have I to pay taxes? ans Social Insurance?
Regarding to move to UK, I could get an address with a room, with my utility bill in that address. Could be valid ?
But in this case, should I ask for a VISA work ?
They hire you through a local payroll provider
Dear Larin,
thanks a lot for your comment.

When you say to hire a local payroll provider, should be that the UK company that made me the job offer, contract a UK payroll provider in UK, and this Local payroll provider, contract me, and the pay tax in my name, and social security in my name ???

It is my comment right?

Thanks in advance
AdH

Dear Larin,
thanks a lot for your comment.

When you say to hire a local payroll provider, should be that the UK company that made me the job offer, contract a UK payroll provider in UK, and this Local payroll provider, contract me, and the pay tax in my name, and social security in my name ???

It is my comment right?

Thanks in advance
AdA
Well, no. I was referring to a payroll provider in your current country of residence.

You have not indicated what your preferred method/country of employment would be, so this was one of the options.

If you would like to move and be hired in the UK you would need a visa and a national insurance number before they can add you to UK payroll.

Thanks Larin,
how can I got the VISA card and the National Insurance in UK ?
There are various visa routes, but depending on your salary and your employer, you may be able to qualify for Skilled Worker visa

In any case, any UK employer hiring from outside of the UK for a full time position in the UK must be prepared to help obtaining a UK visa. Otherwise, I'd very much question their competence.

You got the NIN once you are in thr country. You apply for it and depending on your circumstances they may issue one right away, or invite you for an interview.

If you do it as a freelance you can ask for much more money as the hiring company won't need to look for a payroll provider and pay them fees.
Thanks a lot Jbb1;
i am looking for to tet a payroll and pay Sociial Security

There are various visa routes, but depending on your salary and your employer, you may be able to qualify for Skilled Worker visa

In any case, any UK employer hiring from outside of the UK for a full time position in the UK must be prepared to help obtaining a UK visa. Otherwise, I'd very much question their competence.

You got the NIN once you are in thr country. You apply for it and depending on your circumstances they may issue one right away, or invite you for an interview.
Hi Larin and thanks for your advice,
to obtain the VISA and the NIN number are two separates action, or have to be done both in the same moment?
could you please, advice me with a some any UK payroll provider that can get my contract, pay me the salary and social security? I understand that the company, who make me the job offer will pay to the UK payrrol provider ...

Hi Larin and thanks for your advice,
to obtain the VISA and the NIN number are two separates action, or have to be done both in the same moment?
could you please, advice me with a some any UK payroll provider that can get my contract, pay me the salary and social security? I understand that the company, who make me the job offer will pay to the UK payrrol provider ...
You obtain a visa prior to entering the UK for employment purposes. You apply for NIN once you are in the country and you need it. For example because you have obtained a full time job.

I don't think you understand me correctly regarding a payroll provider. If your employer is a UK company they will run their own payroll. I was suggesting it as an option if you want to be hired full time, but remain in your current country of residence.

The company that hires you, know you are in Europe. So if they make you an offer to work for them surely this is a topic that should have been discussed with your employer before the offer and they should help to arrange or set the terms clear.

If this is not the case I would be very doubtful to accept such an offer as any company, small or big would make sure they have done their homework. If you don't plan to live in UK, why get on the payroll in UK? You will make things complicated as you will have to declare your income in UK and your country of residence.

Freelance with a freelance contract and paying all social contributions and taxes in your home country would be the easiest set up. Just contact a local accountant and social security agency.

You obtain a visa prior to entering the UK for employment purposes. You apply for NIN once you are in the country and you need it. For example because you have obtained a full time job.

I don't think you understand me correctly regarding a payroll provider. If your employer is a UK company they will run their own payroll. I was suggesting it as an option if you want to be hired full time, but remain in your current country of residence.
Dear Larin,
thanks for your comments. Yes, i need to be hired full time, but spend my time traveling for Europe, but not living in UK

Dear Larin,
thanks for your comments. Yes, i need to be hired full time, but spend my time traveling for Europe, but not living in UK
As @JimBeam mentioned, your best bet is to be hired as a full-time employee in your home country through a local employer of record. This means that you would have the contract with the local employer, but your UK employer would pay all of the salary costs (plus an admin fee).

Here are a few:

The alternative is that your UK employer establish a local entity in Spain and hire you through that.