Our valued sponsor

I need a spanish IBAN!

nobel

May 23, 2020
Visit site
I need a spanish IBAN. Who can help? Bank Santander and Sabadel charges 18€ per month for a non-resident account.
That is not acceptable. Any EMIs with a spanish IBAN? BNC10 no, too insecure and almost bankruptcy.
N.I.E number i have but i am not resident in Spain.

I want to buy some things in Spain, contract internet cell phone etc. but they ask for spanish IBAN. It's illegal, because they have to accept all EU IBANs, but they don't !! I am realy angry for this :mad:

I don´t pay 18€ per month for a non-resident account or 30€ for a insurance when i want only a cell phone contract per 48€ month, lol.
Vodafone, Orange, Movistar ect. they don´t accept EU IBANs, but this is for SEPA regulation prohibited to refuse it. :mad:

PS: Vodafone Italy had to pay a fine of 800.000€ for the same problem!

i suggest write to the telekom regulator in spain, i had same problem in spain is ilegal not accepting foreign iban i suggest buy a preapid sim from orange
Yes as I say it is illegal to discriminate against foreign IBANs but they do it, no chance. Prepaid is not good, I want unlimited data for internet with my laptops, I don't want to make calls.

Not a bank, and probably not even an EMI, Tarjeta Spark is a reloadable (prepaid) Mastercard that comes with an ES (Spanish) IBAN - but it is a shared IBAN with a specific reference number which points to your account. You MUST give the reference all your payers (but in this case, OP wants to SEND payment, not receive):

https://www.tarjetaspark.es/en/english/

Kindof riddled with fees (i.e. 2% SEPA topup fee, Euro 1.20/mo fee, but zero fee for online/swipe/chip transaction) Unless you plan on receiving 4-figure or 5-figure amount, it's not too bad. Prepaid Mastercard has no name, valid for 2-2.5 yrs (and then you have to pay 10 Euros to purchase a new one at a physical store - or they will ship to any address in Europe for an extra 5 Euros). KYC was very minimal/non-existent if you want higher (think Euro2500/yr) limit, NIE number + Spanish address required for much higher limit. I believe they also require a Spanish cell number (and you can buy one easily on eBay and activate with a copy of your ID overseas).

I use this prepaid Mastercard successfully to top up my Spanish SimYo SIM (since they only take Spanish-issued credit cards - go figure!). SimYo is the MVNO for Orange ES by the way (and much cheaper than Orange!)

If you only care about mobile broadband, can't you just use a SIM card from some other country with free EU roaming? I bet there are even cheaper options than Spain.
Not a bank, and probably not even an EMI, Tarjeta Spark is a reloadable (prepaid) Mastercard that comes with an ES (Spanish) IBAN - but it is a shared IBAN with a specific reference number which points to your account. You MUST give the reference all your payers (but in this case, OP wants to SEND payment, not receive):

https://www.tarjetaspark.es/en/english/

Kindof riddled with fees (i.e. 2% SEPA topup fee, Euro 1.20/mo fee, but zero fee for online/swipe/chip transaction) Unless you plan on receiving 4-figure or 5-figure amount, it's not too bad. Prepaid Mastercard has no name, valid for 2-2.5 yrs (and then you have to pay 10 Euros to purchase a new one at a physical store - or they will ship to any address in Europe for an extra 5 Euros). KYC was very minimal/non-existent if you want higher (think Euro2500/yr) limit, NIE number + Spanish address required for much higher limit. I believe they also require a Spanish cell number (and you can buy one easily on eBay and activate with a copy of your ID overseas).

I use this prepaid Mastercard successfully to top up my Spanish SimYo SIM (since they only take Spanish-issued credit cards - go figure!). SimYo is the MVNO for Orange ES by the way (and much cheaper than Orange!)
Thanks, they don´t send in my country.

Latest Threads