Our valued sponsor

I need a UK utility bill

hugger

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am a UK expat living overseas for over ten years.

I am now in need of a UK bank account but I cannot provide a utility bill (gas and/or electricity) to open a bank account. Is there anyone here that would consider allowing me to pay your gas and electricity bills for 6 months so that I can have utility bills in my name?

Or does anyone have an alternative idea to obtain the required utility bills?

Why isn't it sufficient to obtain a bankers reference letter for the purpose of verification from your current bank? You may also ask the bank what alternatives there are.

Admin said:
Why isn't it sufficient to obtain a bankers reference letter for the purpose of verification from your current bank? You may also ask the bank what alternatives there are.
Have done that already. The bankers reference was not a problem.

BUT if I give a non-UK address, the UK bank wants to give me their offshore account (Jersey etc). I actually need a utility bill in my name to "prove" that I am living in the UK to obtain a domestic UK bank account. Its crazy but true.

Does anyone want their UK gas and electricity bills paid for the next six months??? :help:

hugger said:
Have done that already. The bankers reference was not a problem.
BUT if I give a non-UK address, the UK bank wants to give me their offshore account (Jersey etc). I actually need a utility bill in my name to "prove" that I am living in the UK to obtain a domestic UK bank account. Its crazy but true.

Does anyone want their UK gas and electricity bills paid for the next six months??? :help:
Hmmmm.....seems that no-one in the UK wants free gas and electricity for six months. (I am even prepared to pay for 12 months if necessary)

If you are interested just send me a quick email to johnreece1975 at gmail dot com. (it is a temporary email address)

Latest Threads