Our valued sponsor

I would like to create an asset management company.

newtooffshore

VIP Offshore Investor
Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I am a young Ivorian trader. I would like to create an asset management company. My goal is to raise funds from my clients and in turn repay their monthly interest. The problem is that the laws in force in my country and throughout the UEMOA zone headed the BECAO make it almost impossible to practice in such a business.

So the parade at which I thought was the creation of this company offshore . She will be with a training firm in the foreign exchange market (Forex ) I also will create on site in Ivory Coast . Thus the intermediate of the firm , guests can invest directly on the site of the offshore capital management company. It's just an idea I have. I would like your views on it and if it there are other more effective means of escaping the legal constraints of my economic zone , I 'd be grateful if you share with me. Yours

If you'r doing the setup in Europe it requires a license, at least if you want a legit setup. Many are setting up a closed ended Forex entity for instant in the Seychelles, Costa Rica, New Zealand and many other jurisdictions which allow such. So they have only say 50 investors which a registered shareholders in that entity, so it is allowed.

The process is a little more complicated than explained here, but roughly it's how it works.

Others again setup a simple Belize or Seychelles entity up and start trading, they are not licensed and are most often pretty fast black listed by the jurisdictions registrar of companies and also many other places, so they close and start again.

Reactions: hofo
Costa Rica, Samoa and Isle of Man will not require a license as far as I know.

I established a simple Seychelles IBC, XX Holding Ltd opened a few bank accounts for this entity and put all my money in there, it's only the money I want to safe up for later. It has been working fine. I found an offshore investment platforms to trade stocks and currencies works just great!

It depends on the size/scope/assets under management of the company. Usually there is an element of leveraging of client assets in order to achieve better economies of scale (e.g. pooling money together to get preferential fees based on size, or to be able to invest in some more exotic funds with a high buy-in requirement). But at the core, it is an institution which takes clients’ money and invests it under a specific financial plan, with a specific goal in mind. That goal could be something like:

• Target of 2% above inflation per year until age 60
  • Target of $1 million in portfolio value by retirement
  • Managing risk/reducing underfunded status of company pension plan
  • Maintaining asset base while meeting 4% spending requirement in a foundation
  • Leaving inheritance for the kids, etc
The financial plan will account for the clients’ characteristics like investment horizon, ability to bear risk, risk tolerance, flexibility, tax status, special circumstances (e.g. large expected outflows), etc. The financial plan will also generally govern what vehicles the clients’ funds can be invested in, how diversified the funds should be, and so on. Typically this is different for each client.

Depending on the company size and expertise, the services offered could be very different. Some asset management companies can have more flexibility in the choice of vehicles they can invest the funds in, and how they invest them. Fees usually get charged as a small percentage of assets on an annual basis. Others have a very rigid mandate and are given little leeway in how they invest the funds, the extreme of that being firms that are paid to basically be a custodian of the assets. Fees for those types of services are usually lower.

Hope this helps.

It depends on the size/scope/assets under management of the company. Usually there is an element of leveraging of client assets in order to achieve better economies of scale (e.g. pooling money together to get preferential fees based on size, or to be able to invest in some more exotic funds with a high buy-in requirement). But at the core, it is an institution which takes clients’ money and invests it under a specific financial plan, with a specific goal in mind. That goal could be something like:

• Target of 2% above inflation per year until age 60
  • Target of $1 million in portfolio value by retirement
  • Managing risk/reducing underfunded status of company pension plan
  • Maintaining asset base while meeting 4% spending requirement in a foundation
  • Leaving inheritance for the kids, etc
The financial plan will account for the clients’ characteristics like investment horizon, ability to bear risk, risk tolerance, flexibility, tax status, special circumstances (e.g. large expected outflows), etc. The financial plan will also generally govern what vehicles the clients’ funds can be invested in, how diversified the funds should be, and so on. Typically this is different for each client.

Depending on the company size and expertise, the services offered could be very different. Some asset management companies can have more flexibility in the choice of vehicles they can invest the funds in, and how they invest them. Fees usually get charged as a small percentage of assets on an annual basis. Others have a very rigid mandate and are given little leeway in how they invest the funds, the extreme of that being firms that are paid to basically be a custodian of the assets. Fees for those types of services are usually lower.

Hope this helps.
Good answer. But I don't know exactly what is it OP actually want to achieve, is it asset protection or asset management for others?

Latest Threads