Our valued sponsor

IBC purely for participating in ICOs

PeterP

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
As a US resident, I'm locked out of a number of ICOs, unless I wish to apply as an accredited investor and share a tremendous amount of financial information.

I'm considering whether an offshore corporation or LLC might be the best way to handle this. I don't anticipate actually needing a bank account - this would be for qualifying for token purchases, which eventually would be transferred directly to me, and I'd pay all my US taxes on them when they are converted to some other currency.

I was hoping that the simpler requirements would make the choice of country for the IBC easier, and perhaps less expensive, but my initial research has me quite confused.

Am I overthinking this? Would there be much of a difference in choice between say, BVI, Nevis, Belize? Which would be least expensive to form and maintain?

And who are some recommended service providers?

Thanks-

P

I was hoping that the simpler requirements would make the choice of country for the IBC easier, and perhaps less expensive, but my initial research has me quite confused.
Just thinking loud now! I assume that even that you setup a Cyprus company (EU corp) you will be required to provide personal documents like passport, utility bill and more.. so as soon as they see you are an US citizen they will ask you for the same documents and apply same requirements as if you apply as an individual.