Our valued sponsor

In which countries you can form a company and get a residency?

yngmind

Mentor Group Gold
Apr 26, 2020
Visit site
Which countries can you form a company and EASILY get a residency, like a work visa, because you work for your own company?

I know that you can do that in the UAE and Thailand (but most of the shares should be owned by a Thai, and there are certain rules).

What about Cyprus and other EU countries? I think you can do that for most of the digital nomad visas (Spain, Portugal).

In the UK, it's possible, but it's not easy. You need to get approval from the home office, so not really.

I know certain countries are probably known to be easier than others but you can apply to an 'easy' country and any number of things can happen that make it difficult. I've applied for many residencies, some of which were supposed to be a slam-dunk and they ended up becoming complicated either bc the gov official screwed up, or the law firm screwed up, or there was some unforeseen problem like the gov office ran out of plastic to make the cards, etc.... Not the answer you're looking for but I'm just presenting a view from my experience

Which countries can you form a company and EASILY get a residency, like a work visa, because you work for your own company?

I know that you can do that in the UAE and Thailand (but most of the shares should be owned by a Thai, and there are certain rules).

What about Cyprus and other EU countries? I think you can do that for most of the digital nomad visas (Spain, Portugal).

In the UK, it's possible, but it's not easy. You need to get approval from the home office, so not really.
Georgia gives you 360 day visa every time you enter, nothing else needed if you have the right passport. Lots of people just do visa runs, and there are no questions asked. Visa policy of Georgia - Wikipedia

Last edited:
You can do that many places depending on which passport you hold!

Cyprus, UK, Switzerland, Bulgaria you named it.
didn't know it's possible in Switzerland. but that'll get taxed the regular rate of smth like 40-50% correct? Montenegro currently taxes 15%, and has similar nature to Switzerland. Basically it's the budget friendly Switzerland farmland fantasy :D with small houses and many green pastures (central part of the country), and mountains in the northern part. Really want to visit Switzerland, never been there.

Reactions: Marketint and jafo
uae is easiest. Idk any other countries where its that easy. However its possible in many if not most countries, esp in the global south, however the process is long, tedious and frustrating often also some more cost involved than initially thought.
Sometimes the company takes a long time to get established, some other times its more the residency permit which is difficult.

Reactions: jafo and uranium