Our valued sponsor

Question Interactive Broker (EU-based) investment in non-EU countries?

Oakgrove

Jan 18, 2021
Visit site
I have a (German-based) IB account with EUR denomination - know how to trade stocks, ETFs etc from EU-based stock markets, but now wanted to dabble into other markets (say SG or JP). I think I was granted permission to trade in those countries, but is the ONLY way to do this is to convert my EUR to SGD (for SG market) or JPY (for JP market) before buying SG/JP stocks? OR would IB allow me to transfer in my existing SGD/JPY from a SG/JP-based bank?

Sorry I searched for this everywhere (and the IB website is of no help).

Reactions: troubled soul
I think I was granted permission to trade in those countries, but is the ONLY way to do this is to convert my EUR to SGD (for SG market) or JPY (for JP market) before buying SG/JP stocks? OR would IB allow me to transfer in my existing SGD/JPY from a SG/JP-based bank?

See below if your situation allows transferring in the currencies you seek. Seems like SGD and JPY deposit not available to you as your in Europe. You got limited currency choices for deposits being European based.

Reactions: Oakgrove
See below if your situation allows transferring in the currencies you seek. Seems like SGD and JPY deposit not available to you as your in Europe. You got limited currency choices for deposits being European based.

Hi sir how can I get a us IBKR account to trade us mutual funds please ? I was just denied application on my real data with my passport (French national residing in Malta) with US adress of my registered agent of LLC that I registered before

Thanks and best regards

Hi sir how can I get a us IBKR account to trade us mutual funds please ? I was just denied application on my real data with my passport (French national residing in Malta) with US adress of my registered agent of LLC that I registered before

Thanks and best regards

Move outside EU to a country that works with IBKR US entity. Or ditch the US LLC.

Move outside EU to a country that works with IBKR US entity. Or ditch the US LLC.
Thanks for reply not sure if I explained myself well, I meant I applied for a personal account but with my LLC’s registered agent adress. Maybe will have better chance if i apply for a virtual office adress and try apply with that ?

Regarding moving outside EU not an option for me now unfortunately :(( but will keep it in mind

Édit : do i have no choice but ditch LLC ? And in that case how I would be able to get US adress
They let me apply for U.S. based account using vpn but I need us adress to qualify for us mutual funds, the issue is when I complete verification process,they said « your application was denied after » after a few days being « pending ». So confusing :( I also have an application underway as an LLC, but thy ask for loads of paperwork’s didn’t get through it yet. Main problem is biz account on LLC name aleo (novel rejects me twice)

Last edited:
Thanks for reply not sure if I explained myself well, I meant I applied for a personal account but with my LLC’s registered agent adress. Maybe will have better chance if i apply for a virtual office adress and try apply with that ?

Why not use your own address and an EU IBKR entity which you will be forced to use. What are you trying to achieve here?

Why not use your own address and an EU IBKR entity which you will be forced to use. What are you trying to achieve here?
Cause EU is a bit like dictatorship and for some weird reason people can’t invest on us funds (unless you pass some crazy procedure where you must upload history of your trades for past 5 years lol, I mean practically impossible to pass it from what I was told)

Cause EU is a bit like dictatorship and for some weird reason people can’t invest on us funds (unless you pass some crazy procedure where you must upload history of your trades for past 5 years lol, I mean practically impossible to pass it from what I was told)

The reason you can't invest in those funds via EU IBKR entities is because of PRIIP regulations below.

We discussed this exact topic already on thread below. So have a read through it

The reason you can't invest in those funds via EU IBKR entities is because of PRIIP regulations below.

We discussed this exact topic already on thread below. So have a read through it

Thanks quite, I will go through it rn

Latest Threads