Our valued sponsor

Interactive Brokers as crypto exchange platform

thomasparra

Member Plus
May 30, 2020
Visit site
IMG_3328.png

Commissions and custody fees seem ok. Interactive Brokers would probably be almost safer than holding the keys physically yourself in some cases (no loss or theft risk). Of course, the biggest risk to consider might be them freezing the account as with any third parties but IB is probably one of the safest exchange to hold your digital assets isn’t it?

The cons are i) you probably do not own the keys, you just buy the "paper" financial product similar to buying a gold ETF and ii) you can't send BTC or ETH to other third parties (for payment for instance).

Last edited:
I would at least expect IB to be safer, and trustable in how they segregate clients assets, and not be a Ponzi versus the average crypto platform. If a government wants to seize assets we are screwed either way.
IB too will most likely take liquidity from Binance.
One thing is trading another thing is holding. Nobody can seize your cold wallet.

I wonder what IB will use to provide liquidity. Anyone know?

"Clients can trade cryptocurrencies through Paxos or Zero Hash, alongside global stocks, options, futures, spot currencies, bonds, funds and more via the Interactive Brokers platform."

Security You Can Trust

Security is crucial to cryptocurrency trading. Use the IBKR platform and funds from your IBKR account to trade cryptocurrencies at either Paxos Trust Company or Zero Hash LLC. Paxos Trust Company is regulated and supervised by the New York Department of Financial Services (the New York bank regulator). Zero Hash LLC is a FinCEN-registered Money Services Business, is licensed as a money-transmitter in various states, and has been granted a BitLicense by the NY Department of Financial Services.

I wonder if this is the case for all their non-US entities or have they upgraded the offering now with that mail they sent OP?

Reactions: uranium and jafo

Latest Threads