Our valued sponsor

Interactive brokers deposit rejected

Wire transfers have an address (with country) included with the senders name. So I don't quite get why they would ask for a Georgian address proof, if the address on the wire indicates that the sender lives in UAE.
Maybe this was a local type transfer and not a wire, or the bank sent the amount not from your name?
Or does the bank have your Georgian address on file?
I didn't know that, maybe they have a Georgian address on file. So the address I provided to TBC at the time of account opening was my hotel address in Georgia (I wanted to write my UAE address but the bank employee in Georgia told me to use my hotel LOL).

However, two years ago I needed an address proof from TBC, so I sent them letter asking for a confirmation of my residential address in the UAE, which they provided in the form of a bank address confirmation letter.
Maybe I should ask TBC what address they used for wire transfer, but I feel its a bit risky and anyhow can't change IBKR's decision at this point.

It is still correct. I use IB with my offshore bank accounts in countries where I have zero ties. I send and withdraw several million USD every year. I only work with big banks and they never questioned me for 5 years.

The bank account location is not the only trigger the compliance team checks. It depends on lots of things like your nationality, your business, your profile, etc...
Just curious, how good is your explanation for source of income? Because mine kind of mismatches my profession in the UAE, although it's average in the USA I would image.
Oh and any particular countries/banks lenient in this regard? I suppose when you say big banks you don't mean Citibank/HSBC, tho their private banking HNWI accounts might make more accommodation.

Last edited:
Just curious, how good is your explanation for source of income? Because mine kind of mismatches my profession in the UAE, although it's average in the USA I would image.
Oh and any particular countries/banks lenient in this regard? I suppose when you say big banks you don't mean Citibank/HSBC, tho their private banking HNWI accounts might make more accommodation.
I have all documents in hand for the source of income. I don't have an account with Citi & HSBC but they're also fine. HSBC & Citi require at least $5-10M for private banking. You can work with other banks in reputable countries like USA, EU, Switzerland, Singapore etc..

You also mentioned that you have a different address in your Georgian bank. This can be the real issue. When you make a SWIFT transfer, the bank automatically includes your address in the SWIFT message. If your address in IB and SWIFT transfer mismatches, this can easily create problems.

Maybe I should ask TBC what address they used for wire transfe

When you make a SWIFT transfer, the bank automatically includes your address in the SWIFT message. If your address in IB and SWIFT transfer mismatches, this can easily create problems.
Download the receipt of your SWIFT transfer and you know it.
You can retrieve it by clicking "Download receipt" in online banking (not available in mobile banking app).

Reactions: whoisthis344
You're right. I just checked and the SWIFT receipt contains my UAE address.
Good.
Now it should e clear that post #5 and post #11 of this thread were correct and apply to your case.
Since you do not have and never had any ties to Georgia, stop using Georgian bank accounts. I am telling it in this forum for almost two years and am constantly warning about Georgia.
Close your accounts in Georgia as soon as possible and open bank accounts in your country of permanent residence. Then start anew and everything will be fine.

You're right. I just checked and the SWIFT receipt contains my UAE address.
How exactly does proper UAE address look like when you open bank account there? Is it just:
"p.o. box xxxxxx, 0000 Dubai, UAE" or
"building name / apt. nr., 0000 Dubai, UAE" or
"building name / apt. nr., p.o. box xxxxxx, 0000 Dubai, UAE"

I once read (I think it was ENBD website, not sure) it has to be residential address, so I guess last one is the right one: residential & mailing address...?

How exactly does proper UAE address look like when you open bank account there? Is it just:
"p.o. box xxxxxx, 0000 Dubai, UAE" or
"building name / apt. nr., p.o. box xxxxxx, 0000 Dubai, UAE"

I once read (I think it was ENBD website, not sure) it has to be residential address, so I guess last one is the right one: residential & mailing address...?
It has no fixed form. Just never put any po box in it.
make it this:

Reactions: zzzzzz

Latest Threads