Our valued sponsor

Investment vehicle

AlexGE

Jun 29, 2022
Georgia
Visit site
I live in a country that doesn't have a DTA with USA. at the same time US market provides the best exposure to ETFs that cover an entire world.
When I receive any dividends the WHT is 30% , so I'm looking for a way minimize it to at least 15% as if my country had a DTA with US.

Obvious solution would be a Cyprus company - DTA with USA plus no WHT on dividends paid by a company to a non-res.

Are there any cheaper options?

Are there any cheaper options?

Setup a Romanian micro enterprise. You will pay 1% tax on income up to 500K and there are no WHT on non-resident individuals so if you move your tax residency to Cyprus you'll achieve effective 11% effective total taxation.

10% WHT on dividends from US to Romania without LOB + 1% corporate income tax up to 500K

In Cyprus dividends are tax free.

If for some reason you don't like Cyprus you could potentially receive dividends tax free under Portugal NHR or any territorial taxation country or UAE

The only "problem" is that the Romanian company must hire a full time employee.

Reactions: AlexGE
Setup a Romanian micro enterprise. You will pay 1% tax on income up to 500K and there are no WHT on non-resident individuals so if you move your tax residency to Cyprus you'll achieve effective 11% effective total taxation.

10% WHT on dividends from US to Romania without LOB + 1% corporate income tax up to 500K

If for some reason you don't like Cyprus you could potentially receive dividends tax free under Portugal NHR or any territorial taxation country or UAE

An employee should be a resident of Romania? Any social taxation \ limits on salary?

If the RO company don't have employee its 3% from income up to 500k

Looks like there's an issue with a Romania company: it has to pay 1% of turnover and there's a chance that all the invested amount as soon as I be returned to the company will be taxed ..

Latest Threads