Our valued sponsor

Is a foreign-owned Delaware LLC required to maintain accounts, or submit any forms?

Quakespeare

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I've had a sole proprietor, foreign owned Delaware LLC with a Transferwise Borderless account for a year now and haven't submitted anything other than paying the regular annual franchise tax. I've now been told that there may well be several forms that I would have to have submitted.

Is there any truth to that? Does it help that I only operate with an EMI account, which doesn't report my information?

Are you a US Person firstly?

Secondly get yourself an accountant. A US Delaware LLC is no Seychelles IBC. When it comes to anything US get yourself professional advice and do things properly.

You can be sure that your 'home' Tax office will get the information from the US. I have a case on my desk where a Dutch citizen got caught by the Dutch Tax office because he 'forgot' to report his profits from his DE LLC.

Firstly, how would they know if Transferwise doesn't report a thing?

Excuse me if I am wrong but are you assuming US LLC + Transferwise = no reporting? Was this the basis of your setup?

It's certainly not the basis for my setup, no. But in what way would there be reporting and from whom to whom?

If its not the basis then why ask ;). No answer needed.

Latest Threads