* Personal [Not a Business]
* Forex Affiliate/IB of regulated Ausie broker
* Monthly WISE withdrawals since 1 year
* Transfer Funds from WISE to IBKR monthly
* Buy & Hold ETFs under IBKR

Should I move to Bankera from WISE?
Is Bankera to IBKR transfer safe?
Yes Bankera is safe and good instead of wise

I refrain from the evaluation of Bankera as (IMO) I do not possess enough of information; but Wise is not safe for any other (personal) use case than you work as a porter, pay for your groceries and from time to time send some amount to your parents somewhere. Running away is recommendable.

Can we comment on other neobanks?
Honestly, I consider it off-topic for this thread – but feel free to start another one; just it would be fruitful to specify what EMIs/neobanks are of your interest ;), there are hundreds of...

Reactions: Martin Everson
I think we have a Bankera shareholder in the forum...

lol...you think he participated in the Bankera ICO back in 2017?smi(&%.

I wonder where the $100m they raised via that ICO has gone. Surely they didn't use it all to buy that Vanuatu bank ns2.

I mean does Bankera still own Spectrocoin? With crypto lending platforms blowing up how is that crypto lending business doing these days?

I think Bankera financials are needed before comparing them to a UK exchange listed transparent company like Wise. They could be close to going out of business or even the next EPB or Celsius....lol.

Does anyone have Bankera's latest financials?

FYI below are Wise's.

I wonder where the $100m they raised via that ICO has gone. Surely they didn't use it all to buy that Vanuatu bank ns2.

I mean does Bankera still own Spectrocoin? With crypto lending platforms blowing up how is that crypto lending business doing these days?

I think Bankera financials are needed before comparing them to a UK exchange listed transparent company like Wise. They could be close to going out of business or even the next EPB or Celsius....lol.

FYI nelow are Wise's.

Yes I participated in that pre-ICO and also some other ICO's. Not impressed with ICO results, but the company is not gone and developing.
About services I cannot complain much

FYI nelow are Wise's.

That's really not bad.

Yes I participated in that pre-ICO and also some other ICO's. Not impressed with ICO results, but the company is not gone and developing.

Do they give you any quarterly update like number of new users or basic financials? After all your an investor entitled to this information. Or have they embezzled all the money raised? If you don't get financials you end up with Euro Pacific Bank situation all over again.

I also ask because its relevant to determine if the company is safe or not. I know of a EU bank with a tenth of that capital start up around the same time and it is profitable right now.

P.S Right now without financials I would tell people to stay well away from this EMI that owns a Vanuatu bank and also a crypto lending platform spectrocoin.

While you can't find financial statements as clear and transparent as Wise's, the Bank of Lithuania does publish performance indicators on their website https://www.lb.lt/en/emi-performance-indicators

As of Q2 2022, Pervesk (the licensed entity behind Bankera and Spectrocoin) has deposits of around 45 million EUR and their income was 1.7 million EUR.

The same numbers for ConnectPay for the same period were 175 million EUR deposits and 3.7 million EUR income and for Paysera 414 million EUR deposits and 5.6 million EUR income.

A closer comparison to Pervesk would be Zen.com with nearly identical deposits (47 million EUR) but 11.2 million EUR in income. Or Simplex, with 51 million EUR in deposits and 25 million EUR.

The by far biggest in Revolut with 4 billion EUR deposits and 191 million EUR income. This is only Revolut the EMI, not Revolut the bank (currently holding around 2 billion EUR in deposits).

Dear Client,

We regret to inform you that due to technical issues Bankera internet banking platform was inaccessible for a few hours today.

Please be assured that your funds held on the platform are secure and unaffected.

Although there is no information about a breach of data, we strongly advise changing your Bankera password. Also, please be aware that it is not safe to use the same login information on different platforms, thus we highly recommend updating passwords in other systems as well.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Bankera team

this surely means nothing, but change your password, Bankera fans :D

Bankera raised $100m it says below. Where is all that money out of interest or what is it being spent on, how has it been allocated etc? ns2

I thought ICO investors would be given this basic information...just saying. There is no way this outfit can be compared to Wise. Thats like comparing Euro Pacific Bank to HSBC.

Reactions: pomegranate
Bankera raised $100m it says below. Where is all that money out of interest or what is it being spent on, how has it been allocated etc? ns2

I thought ICO investors would be given this basic information...just saying. There is no way this outfit can be compared to Wise. Thats like comparing Euro Pacific Bank to HSBC.
That's what I'm asking myself as an back in the days ICO investor till today.

Current Setup

* Residency: South Asia
* Personal [Not a Business]
* Forex Affiliate/IB of regulated Ausie broker
* Monthly WISE withdrawals since 1 year
* Transfer Funds from WISE to IBKR monthly
* Buy & Hold ETFs under IBKR

Should I move to Bankera from WISE?
Is Bankera to IBKR transfer safe?
Used once (withdrawal - sepa) seems a pain in the arse to exit into the card then into the bank etc..

Far easier providers out there - will always suggest establishing a account with Far Eastern (Taiwan) Sepa transfers are quick and cheap.

The by far biggest in Revolut with 4 billion EUR deposits and 191 million EUR income. This is only Revolut the EMI, not Revolut the bank (currently holding around 2 billion EUR in deposits).
they are huge....

Latest Threads