Our valued sponsor

Is Gibraltar a hidden champion?

As mentioned, in most cases, it is not a problem. Only very few countries care about the address on the cards, in which case you just use your passport. And just for the record, many countries such as Germany also only list a domestic address and no foreign addresses, in which case you can tell the bank whatever you want. If you are French, then just get a passport in Italy where you stay 4 weeks at your friends place.
I forgot to mention, UAE addresses in passport/id are written in p.o. box format so from any banks perspective is not even a valid residential address. So all they really care is what proof of residential address you give them (bank statement, utility bill...).

I forgot to mention, UAE addresses in passport/id are written in p.o. box format so from any banks perspective is not even a valid residential address. So all they really care is what proof of residential address you give them (bank statement, utility bill...).
What is your nationality? French? I mean if you were Swiss you would not care, I guess.

I talked to an incorporation agent (Form-A-Co (Gibraltar) Limited – Gibraltar Companies, Trusts, Yacht Registration, Residency, Offshore) about Gibraltar recently about a non resident company, and it seemed to require loads of paperwork, they pretty much wanted to know what I had for breakfast too. It seemed a lot for them to ask about details of my clients at incorporation including contact details. They also asked for two proof of address documents, a reference from a banker, lawyer or an accountant addressed to them based on a template (not sure if many people can get that (depending on where you live asking for something like that may sound crazy) and stuff like full details about source of funds, estimated turnover, value and frequency of transactions, etc. They also wanted original documents mailed to them.

It seemed quite insane compared to incorporating a SG company which was all done quickly online.
Yes, that's what my impression with Gibraltar was too. Just too much troubles for the purpose.

Latest Threads