Our valued sponsor

Is it possible to get a UK domiciled director for a UK company?

I'mRobot

Merchant Account expert
Mentor Group Gold
Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone who knows how to solve a problem I have with a UK LTD where the payment processor requires a UK domiciled director to be appointed?

Thinking about some nominee director like it is possible in many other countries. I know it may not be allowed in the UK.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: myhand and clemens
As far as I know it is not allowed and for that reason not provided. If you find a service that can provide it, please post here.

I have no experience with the below provider but they claim to be able to provide what you are looking for:

If it works, please post here more information

If you Google for such services as UK nominee director there are pulling up a few

However, I also read the following which may question services like the above mentioned and the provided nominee director service!
When the term nominee is used, it generally means a person whose name appears on the public register but has no real power and merely signs as they are instructed to. This is the case with our nominee shareholder service.
However, this is not the case with a nominee director. UK law is very clear that there is no such concept as a nominee director and that all directors owe the same director duties as any other director and these cannot be abdicated by the director.
UK law does not define or recognise nominee directors. In the eyes of the law, nominee directors are the same as any other director and owe the same duties to the company.[2]
However, we will use the term nominee director in this guide as a shorthand to refer to directors who are appointed to a subsidiary company, as a representative of the parent company. The UK government has acknowledged that this is perfectly legitimate where “the nominee director is genuinely taking part in the running of the business and fulfilling their responsibilities.”[3]

Has someone experience with this fletcher kennedy company and their nominee services?

The directors you find with these types of service providers have already been used at dozens if not hundreds of companies. If any one of those companies has been terminated by a card processor, it's going to be very hard to open a new merchant account for your business as the director may be blacklisted. It happens quite a lot, especially with cheap provider and/or providers that don't protect their directors well.

very good point @Sols - any suggestion if a UK resident director is required by the card processor ?

I found both director and shareholder domiciled in the UK for our UK LTD - it wasn't easy but suddenly out of the blue someone pinged me and told there are a few guys here I could use and pick from a list. I'm happy, today the finalize my corporate documents and I get the final papers. Not bad and to a good price compared to what we pay in Switzerland for instant!

If someone is in need I can help with the nominees and also with the UK LTD and nominees in a package! Can also help with utility bill for your UK LTD! This works well for all European Payment processors and EMI's requiring the director to be UK citizens and utility bill for the company!

I found both director and shareholder domiciled in the UK for our UK LTD - it wasn't easy but suddenly out of the blue someone pinged me and told there are a few guys here I could use and pick from a list. I'm happy, today the finalize my corporate documents and I get the final papers. Not bad and to a good price compared to what we pay in Switzerland for instant!
Please could you share the list via PM!

Latest Threads