Our valued sponsor

Is it possible to get residency and cashout crypto in malaysia or other big cheap asian countries?

Why is it bad value?
Quality vs. cost of living, lifestyle. For example, there are better and cheaper hotel rooms / apartments in Thailand than in the Philippines, as well as more selection.
Crime. I'd not worry much about theft renting a villa with a pool in Thailand, but I'd do so in the Philippines.

You can open a bank account in Thailand even on a tourist visa (though it's not as easy as before), but not in the Philippines.
Shopping and food, quality of transportation are better in Thailand. In my experience, the food in the Philippines is not of high quality and unhealthy.

Mentality. There are reasons why an English speaking country's main export is the population, instead of goods or value added products.
Generally, for me the Philippines feels more like a 3rd world country in term of quality of offerings, at a cost/value level higher than in other SEA countries.
And then there is the exit taxation for long term residents in the Philippines as well.

Of course, there many positive points as well.
Going off the trail, there are many beautiful places in the Philippines, and the English ability (though is overstated, lots of people speak no English) is a plus.
Not to forget: free hospitals (but not free medicine). But in the end, I'd choose Thailand, and even Cambodia or Laos over the Philippines anytime.

Quality vs. cost of living, lifestyle. For example, there are better and cheaper hotel rooms / apartments in Thailand than in the Philippines, as well as more selection.
Crime. I'd not worry much about theft renting a villa with a pool in Thailand, but I'd do so in the Philippines.

You can open a bank account in Thailand even on a tourist visa (though it's not as easy as before), but not in the Philippines.
Shopping and food, quality of transportation are better in Thailand. In my experience, the food in the Philippines is not of high quality and unhealthy.

Mentality. There are reasons why an English speaking country's main export is the population, instead of goods or value added products.
Generally, for me the Philippines feels more like a 3rd world country in term of quality of offerings, at a cost/value level higher than in other SEA countries.
And then there is the exit taxation for long term residents in the Philippines as well.

Of course, there many positive points as well.
Going off the trail, there are many beautiful places in the Philippines, and the English ability (though is overstated, lots of people speak no English) is a plus.
Not to forget: free hospitals (but not free medicine). But in the end, I'd choose Thailand, and even Cambodia or Laos over the Philippines anytime.
Thanks for the explanation.

I fully agree that the Philippines is much more a 3rd world country than Thailand. You have to find your way - once you've found it life is good.

Cuisine: That's individual. I cannot stand Thai cuisine - actually the best Asian cuisine is Indian (for me). So, tastes differ. However, I agree that in the Philippines you should cook your own food. Forego the white rice whenever possible (same in Thailand) and eat red or black instead ... - otherwise you will soon end up as a diabetic.

Hotels: Wwell, you do not need them when living in PH.

Exit taxation: Not applicable if done the right way. Choose SRRV or SIRV or, if you are fine with uncertainty, just stick with simple (but stupid) tourist visa extensions.

Mentality: That's why the country does not get on track. Everybody wants to leave.
There are few clever people who get enormously rich in PH but the vast majority sees it's only chance in leaving the country. Bureaucracy, which kills opportunity, is the main reason.
However, as an expat/foreigner you can make good use of exactly this bureaucratic nightmare.

Free hospitals: Who told you that? The only "free" hospital is a General Hospital which I hope you do not want to consider.
So, better forget about this "free" option. If you are sick you will have to pay.
In fact, it is one reason why I recommend a residence permit instead of this stupid tourist visa extension because only with a residence permit you are entitled to become a member of PhilHealth . This governmet health insurance is valid in almost all hospitals (private and government run alike) and covers the most urgent procedures without you having to put (immediately) cash on the table. If you rely on a fancy foreign health insurance no hospital will touch you without you handing over cash (and you will get screwed).

Bank account: Indeed, no bank account for a foreigner without residency in PH. Btw., this is a very good development since it keeps dubious (Chinese) money in check.

Reactions: cryptofriendly
You can come to Cambodia to open bank accounts and sell your crypto. They offer online banking and debit cards. Need to get an E Visa online or on arival then extend it to 6 months before you can onboard any bank there.

You can make term deposit if dont need it all at the same time. 1 year interest rate is 5.75%

Latest Threads