Our valued sponsor

Is Swissquote OK with fiat to crypto exchange?

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
I would happily use their own exchange but liquidity is very low atm. I know that they mention in their faq that crypto deposits from whitelisted exhcanges is ok (Coinbase/Kraken/Gemini/Bitstamp). They don't explicitly say about fiat deposits/withdrawals though. I presume it should be fine?

I would happily use their own exchange but liquidity is very low atm. I know that they mention in their faq that crypto deposits from whitelisted exhcanges is ok (Coinbase/Kraken/Gemini/Bitstamp). They don't explicitly say about fiat deposits/withdrawals though. I presume it should be fine?
Of course you can deposit fiat. They are both a bank and broker.
You should know that they don't allow third party deposits
Deposit from a personal account in your name

You should know that they don't allow third party deposits
Deposit from a personal account in your name
i was asking about sending fiat from Swissquote to crypto exchange. It’s literally in the thread name.
By the way, there is a “grey area” with third party deposits because they allow deposit with a debit/credit card.

They charge a high fee, and if you do this regularly, they will ask a lot of questions before you can withdraw crypto.

I would not recommend it for daily use.
What about to send them crypto -> after convert it to EUR -> after buy and hold with them US and EU stocks -> withdrawal every month dividends to other bank account. Could this work? For non EU passport holder.

What about to send them crypto -> after convert it to EUR -> after buy and hold with them US and EU stocks -> withdrawal every month dividends to other bank account. Could this work? For non EU passport holder.
You won't be able to convert crypto to fiat easily. Their exchange liquidity is low, as i already mentioned. It's much better to use them as fiat gateway to/from regulated exchanges. Keep some stocks portfolio with them too to make them happy.

Reactions: 369 and jafo
Oh my bad
They have good relationship with (Coinbase/Kraken/Gemini/Bitstamp). So you can send them fiat from swissquote easily
I thought SQ only allows transfer to an account in the own name. Transfers to Kraken, for example, will be transferred first to Payward, and with your Kranken account number Payward transfer it to Kraken. So u need to transfer it first to transfer it to an account NOT in your name, which SQ won’t allow.
Or do they make an exemption with the whitelisted crypto exchanges?

They charge a high fee, and if you do this regularly, they will ask a lot of questions before you can withdraw crypto.

I would not recommend it for daily use.
What means Regular? Every day, week, month? Do u have personal experiences with SQ with buying crypto, sending it to your whitelisted crypto wallet?

Regular in this case means you should only use them rare i.e. once a month or even less