web
counter

Is there any Baltics bank for crypto currency?

Discussion in 'BitCoins, ALTCoins, Exchange Services & Related' started by diablo, Dec 10, 2017.

1. diablo

diablo Trusted Member Mentor Group Sponsor Business Angel

I just read an article that Bulgaria lost all their Bitcoin Exchanges over night, this is only 2 days ago!

They use banks in the Baltics to Exchange the 200,000 BTC they hold. Now I was wondering what Baltic banks allow crypto currency to be exchanged to FIAT?

Does anyone know?

icecold likes this.
  2. Milky Moon

Milky Moon Offshore Research & Development. Business Angel

3. Roclakow

Roclakow New Member

LHV bank in Estonia is very co-operative with cryptocurrencies.

diablo likes this.
  4. diablo

Thank you! very helpful I will have to look into them and hopefully get an account with one of them.

5. John Kram

John Kram New Member

Is this still the case?
    I am after a crypto friendly bank, to open up for my Belize OCI.
    Thanks

6. Roclakow

Roclakow New Member

Well, this month I have exchanged +200k to my account there and no questions have been asked.

diablo likes this.
  7. John Kram

John Kram New Member

thanks much, would you mind 2 further questions?
    corporate account?
    and you opened yourself online? or used any broker to do it?
    Thanks!

8. Roclakow

Roclakow New Member

No problem, I have a private account and I went to their branch in Tallinn but I believe it is not a problem to do it online also.

9. inty

inty Mentor Group Mentor Group Sponsor

you still definitely need to pay them a visit in Tallin. well worth it!

diablo likes this.
  10. diablo

Do you know the bank and have an account there?

11. Santaslittlehelper

Santaslittlehelper New Member

**I sent them an enquiry and changed my name below but this is the response I received:

Dear Santaslittlehelper,

Thank you for your interest in opening a bank account with LHV Pank.

To have an account in LHV Pank you need to have some kind of connection with Estonia through partners, customers or someone similar; for private persons a scholarship from Estonian university, working agreement with Estonian company or something similar would do. Also, you need to fill in the application form and specify other essentials.

The opening of the account is decided in committee, and this may take up to 7 working days. We will look through your application and then inform you about our decision. Once your application has been approved, we will be ready to welcome you at our client office in Tartu or in Tallinn. You have to visit one of our offices for identification and signing all the necessary documents as we can't offer account opening on a remote basis.

At the moment we cannot manage account opening via online for e-residents. We are working on it, and will be sharing this news through media and our homepage if it will come possible.

Please send us via email a copy of your passport and filled application which is attached to this email.

Additional information about bank cards and internet banking can be found here. Here you may see our price list for non-residents.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Looking forward to your reply!

** Not 100 percent sure how I'll justify needing an account just yet but if anyone has an suggestions feel free to let me know

Admin likes this.
  12. Admin

Admin Forum Moderator The Forum Cleaner

Seems they require an introducer or similar! Anyone know how to work around this?

13. icecold

icecold Active Member Entrepreneur