Our valued sponsor

Isle of Man Company + Wise (transferWise)

what do the US attorneys think about this strategy?

That's a really good call and I didn't think about asking them

I've already had my calls with them but will ask at future date soon.

Thanks for bringing that up

I would also look into trusts, potentially also foreign trusts (Nevis etc.).
If you reinvest all the money, there shouldn't be an issue with the branch tax, so I don't see why you would want to be taxed as US corporation.
It sounds like you don't have good advisors...

I would also look into trusts, potentially also foreign trusts (Nevis etc.).
If you reinvest all the money, there shouldn't be an issue with the branch tax, so I don't see why you would want to be taxed as US corporation.
It sounds like you don't have good advisors...

that's great idea ! thanks for that

Would you have a good advisor to recommend on those ?

Maybe check some Facebook groups for US startups?
Really, I would avoid such ways of searching since most often amateurs post about amateurs. The way I always start is to contact a local advisor, ask them who they could recommend for a particular complex setup, then go from there and do my research.

Once you have the first one, doing Google research is pretty easy after that.

Friends of mine have moved their successful startup company to the US, to get access to US investors. They worked with some good lawyers and CPA's for that.
That's why I was thinking it might make sense to try to access the startup scene in the US. I guess you could also reach out to some incubators directly and ask who they work with.

that's useful thank you! Just one follow up question if I may:

If the Isle of Man company owns a US LLC, and the US LLC is making investments in the USA - should i open a business account with Wise / Paysera with the US LLC, or the Isle of Man company, for the profits the US LLC will generate?

(either way i will pay my US tax obligation for the investments, i just wonder which business name the bank account should be in for the US LLC investment profits?)
Hi Stevy Can you help me please with your contact for opening a company in Isle of Man?

Latest Threads