Our valued sponsor

Italian taxes on crypto

renegrade

Sep 20, 2021
italy
Visit site
I am fiscally resident in Italy and I have decided to invest a lot in crypto (more than 51000 euros), some crypto I keep in my wallet I wrote down the values at which I bought them and when I sell them it will be easy to calculate the capital gain but what will I have to do with the coins earned in nexo or celsius or crypto.com?
I converted from Euro to stable coin and then deposited on those platforms, the coins earned must only be added to the coins to be declared in your possession at the end of the year or are they to be considered 100% a capital gain? It is really absurd to have to pay taxes on coins not converted into fiat currency, if no bank accepted the conversion from an exchange and those were my only money I would not even be able to pay them but they demand the capital gain that they declare!

Has anyone Italian started to reason about how what and how much to declare?

Wow interesting. Looks like EU like really messup simple things.

Usually coins gained by interst paying is your income. Income is profit at day you resived it. This way it counts in Malta , Germany , Poland.
Capital gains is where your asset rose in value overtime interest paying is like % of income on savings account.
Do you have in Italy taxes on interest payment ? If you have your Celsius earnings is the same but in crypto.
That is my opinion. 10 more on Google will solve your issue.

Interessante. Sembra che l'UE stia davvero rovinando le cose semplici.

Di solito le monete guadagnate pagando gli interessi sono il tuo reddito. Il reddito è profitto nel giorno in cui lo hai reso. In questo modo conta a Malta, Germania, Polonia.
Le plusvalenze sono il punto in cui il tuo asset è aumentato di valore, pagando gli interessi straordinari come la % del reddito sul conto di risparmio.
Avete in Italia tasse sul pagamento degli interessi? Se hai i tuoi guadagni Celsius è lo stesso ma in cripto.
Questa è la mia opinione. Altri 10 su Google risolveranno il tuo problema.
Sono totalmente d'accordo con te ovviamente e sì, abbiamo la tassa del 26% sulla plusvalenza, ma la mia domanda è: se tu Italia non hai una legge specifica, non riconoscere le criptovalute e, soprattutto, non dirlo alla banca per rendere facile ai propri utenti l'utilizzo, la vendita e la gestione delle criptovalute, perché mi chiedi le tasse su una plusvalenza guadagnata con un capitale cripto e guadagnata in cripto?

At today we don't know how to do with our crypto, there isn't a law so maybe we are allow to don't delcare nothing until someone write black on white what we have to do, by I don't want have problems in the future and do a brainstorming with other Italians could help for sure:

To be fair personally I would avoid like fire in such cases KYC platforms and cashout to something ;) like bitgild Buy Gold with Bitcoin and other Crypto | Bitgild.com.
I have no connection with them but they ship all over EU. You can lost like 10% on value with such stuff.
Sometimes is useful just to sell in anon way.

In EU sometimes paying taxes can be complicated for long run is better for you declare income from crypto pay tax if you plan sell x50 later.
For later gains it will be easier declare with banks/taxman such x50 gains than for 10 years you declared 0 crypto activity and then bamm in 2030 you sell for 3m crypto.

If you have no special tax on crypto you have to look in practice how people do it.
From 2015-2019 years people have some experience in Italy how to do it.

PS: You can declare it as like any other income eg. selling fiat currencies with profit, or like receiving gift from someone.

PPS:Anyway I have heard that in Italy there is in every few years tax amnesty so always you can play around it and pay little tax - this is solution for those with bigger balls.

Latest Threads