Our valued sponsor

Italy flat tax

Alonzo

Member Plus
Jan 6, 2023
Europe
Visit site
Hello,

I live in Europe and daytrade for a living.
The trading company is situated in Australia (ICMarkets) so all the profit that I receive come from a Australian bank corporate account.

So my question is, am I eligible for the flat tax regime in Italy since my profits aren’t Italian sourced?

Hello,

The trading company is situated in Australia (ICMarkets) so all the profit that I receive come from a Australian bank corporate account.

So my question is, am I eligible for the flat tax regime in Italy since my profits aren’t Italian sourced?
definitely. PM me if you would like the contact of a good Italian accountant and tax advisor.

Hello,

I wouldnt recommend Italy from my personal experience for tax residency but again if you want to pay 100k just to tax authorities go ahead but I can suggest places where you can use that money instead. Its better to stay in Italy as long as you dont trigger tax residency. If I were you I would live in Dubai during the winter for 3 months and get their residency and be in europe for the rest of the year and enjoy the best of both worlds but again if you have a family I wouldnt recommend, rather you use the non dom structure in ireland, uk, malta or cyprus and you are better off. Trust me, less than 180 days in Italy is best if you want to travel and see different places otherwise just pay 100k and get it over with if you make more than 1mil USD a year and use dta in australia maybe they might refund the 100k that you pay in italy, speak to good lawyer. goodluck.

I wouldnt recommend Italy from my personal experience for tax residency but again if you want to pay 100k just to tax authorities go ahead but I can suggest places where you can use that money instead. Its better to stay in Italy as long as you dont trigger tax residency. If I were you I would live in Dubai during the winter for 3 months and get their residency and be in europe for the rest of the year and enjoy the best of both worlds but again if you have a family I wouldnt recommend, rather you use the non dom structure in ireland, uk, malta or cyprus and you are better off. Trust me, less than 180 days in Italy is best if you want to travel and see different places otherwise just pay 100k and get it over with if you make more than 1mil USD a year and use dta in australia maybe they might refund the 100k that you pay in italy, speak to good lawyer. goodluck.
sorry for using the term "refund", I meant maybe the 100k you pay in Italy as lumpsum, you can claim that towards your tax liability in australia, maybe your best bet would be finding a tax attorney who has offices in australia and italy, they will be better suited to handle your case if you want to take this route, dont just go with an italian tax attorney in my opinion, goodluck.

If I were you I would live in Dubai during the winter for 3 months and get their residency and be in europe for the rest of the year and enjoy the best of both worlds
This is also what I was thinking about. The 90 day residency rule is very attractive. But it will take effect on March so I doubt if I'm willing to stay there in Spring. Staying there from end November till begin March every year is perfect for me. Ideal temperatures :)

Definitely my second option if I'm not eligible for the €100k flat tax regime.

This is also what I was thinking about. The 90 day residency rule is very attractive. But it will take effect on March so I doubt if I'm willing to stay there in Spring. Staying there from end November till begin March every year is perfect for me. Ideal temperatures :)

Definitely my second option if I'm not eligible for the €100k flat tax regime.
dont go for the 100k option and you will thank me for the rest of your life (maybe). goodluck

Reactions: Alonzo
definitely. PM me if you would like the contact of a good Italian accountant and tax advisor.
Why all this PM s**t, is this good Italian accountant a underworld organization or why not just post a link? Are you the accountant? What's wrong with all the spammers around here and your PM s**t.

Why all this PM s**t, is this good Italian accountant a underworld organization or why not just post a link? Are you the accountant? What's wrong with all the spammers around here and your PM s**t.
He is a qualified and registered accountant, I am not him and I don’t post personal information in public or advertise services. Unlike your signature “Need help to get things done, ping me”.
So relax, I am not taking away any business from your “ultimate anonymous setup” thu&¤#

Reactions: JohnLocke
I need information about Italy's flat tax of 100k euros, I do internet business, I have about 90 websites and premium domains,
I have owned these websites and domains for about 15 years, I have a company in another country, I can sell my websites and domains if I get very good offers.
If I compare with my previous sales, the selling prices could be over million dollars.
In case of a sale like this, will they make me pay any other taxes besides the 100k euros I pay annually in Italy?

Does anyone have any experience and knowledge about this?

I need information about Italy's flat tax of 100k euros, I do internet business, I have about 90 websites and premium domains,
I have owned these websites and domains for about 15 years, I have a company in another country, I can sell my websites and domains if I get very good offers.
If I compare with my previous sales, the selling prices could be over million dollars.
In case of a sale like this, will they make me pay any other taxes besides the 100k euros I pay annually in Italy?

Just go to Dubai bro. The lump sum in italy or spain makes sense if you regularly make each year 1-2 million in profit upwards... any thing less than that makes no sense to me.

You will not pay any other taxes when you sell your business. You can receive the proceeds on a personal bank account and don’t have to disclose anything, just pay the 100k.

You will not pay any other taxes when you sell your business. You can receive the proceeds on a personal bank account and don’t have to disclose anything, just pay the 100k.
Doesn't Italy's flat tax regime specifically mention that if you dispose of shares in a business where you own 25%+ you must pay CGT?
Applied to the first 5 years in the country, but it did stop me from choosing Italy in the end.

What is your nationality? EU or outside EU?
Maybe Malta non-dom could be an option? You sell domains and you don't remit money to Malta

My company has a capital of 10,000 dollars, in fact these domains and websites belong to me personally even before the establishment of my company.
I am worried that if I sell these domains for a huge price they might consider it as capital gains. In this flat tax program they state that they tax capital gains in 5 years.
I am a citizen of a country outside Europe.

Latest Threads