Our valued sponsor

Job offering - offshore

KetchupKebab

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

Just received a job offering in Belgium.
The position requires to be contractor so I was wondering if I could incorporate an offshore somewhere else and invoice the subcontractor company from an offshore in Estonia/Malta/Cyprus, ... Note: The subcontractor most likely invoices their client - the NGO - from another country.

Would that be illegal as I live and am resident in Belgium?

Regards,

Reactions: Spinat
Many use a company registered in Cyprus or similar places to do exactly that. Wonder if someone can point me in the direction for why it should be illegal.

Reactions: KetchupKebab
Would that be illegal as I live and am resident in Belgium?

Yes if tax evasion is illegal in Belgium which I think it maybe....just guessing :rolleyes:

Yes if tax evasion is illegal in Belgium which I think it maybe....just guessing :rolleyes:
hmmm, what's wrong to be the official owner of a offshore company say Cyprus, Malta etc. and get your pay to there but pay local taxes as everyone else does?

because you are avoiding social contributions, which is illegal (implying OP would be sitting in the company office, but working through his own entity).

False self-employment - Wikipedia

"The (Belgian) legislator considers the following elements to define a subordinate relationship:

1. No worker's participation in the company's profits or losses;
  2. No proper capital investments in the company;
  3. No responsibility or decision‑taking power in the company;
  4. The certainty of getting a regular payment;
  5. The fact of having just a single and unique customer company;
  6. The fact of having no personal workers/the fact of not being an employer;
  7. The fact of not being able to organise one's working period;
  8. The existence of in-house control procedures, with related sanctions;
  9. No decision‑taking power concerning customers’ invoicing."

Reactions: lavel
Just wondering, what kind of corporate services do you provide ?
lol you and @Remy are the only one that have asked for this. So let's make it clear. I don't provide any services at all. From time to time I have helped a few guys here with some €50 docs just because they asked but it's not my business nor is corporate services my business.

lol you and @Remy are the only one that have asked for this. So let's make it clear. I don't provide any services at all. From time to time I have helped a few guys here with some €50 docs just because they asked but it's not my business nor is corporate services my business.
Well noted @<<snippet>> as I told you. Don't be upset, that's natural to ask, as just below your name besides of each of your posts there is : "Corporate Services" ! ;) It could be confusing, even I know that's related to the forum.

Well noted @<<snippet>> as I told you. Don't be upset, that's natural to ask, as just below your name besides of each of your posts there is : "Corporate Services" ! ;)
I'm not upset at all my friend. I will buy you a beer should we ever meet in the real world :D

Corporate Service @Admin what are you doing can you change the title :D ehh actually I don't care.

Reactions: Remy
I only drink Dom Pérignon champagne in the real world, but you don't mind, we are friends isn't ? haha
sounds like you are a big 007 fan :D
because you are avoiding social contributions, which is illegal (implying OP would be sitting in the company office, but working through his own entity).
since when is this illegal! I don't get it. I'm sitting all the day at home in my country but do business using a offshore corp which I informed the tax office about so I pay full taxes for this setup only.

since when is this illegal! I don't get it. I'm sitting all the day at home in my country but do business using a offshore corp which I informed the tax office about so I pay full taxes for this setup only.
You're right, it's not necessarily illegal. But there is no point as no taxes are saved, and you'll most likely have higher cost of running the foreign company in addition to local reporting obligations.

You're right, it's not necessarily illegal. But there is no point as no taxes are saved, and you'll most likely have higher cost of running the foreign company in addition to local reporting obligations.
As we have read on offshorecorptalk many times we all have different reason for why we want to use a offshore company to do business :)