Our valued sponsor

Last chance for UK citizens to get Bulgaria residency as EU citizens.

Up till the end of this year UK citizens can still apply for residency like an eu citizen in Bulgaria. This valid for 5 years. Very handy residency if you want to get around the 90 day schengen rule.

Visas and residency​

If you were resident in Bulgaria before 1 January 2021, you need to apply for a new permit, which was introduced in July 2020.

You must obtain the new permit by 31 December 2021, or earlier if your current permit expires before then. If you don’t you may have to pay a fine, though your rights under the Withdrawal Agreement will not be affected.

If you have not previously applied for residency you must apply at your nearest Migration Directorate office within 90 days of arriving in Bulgaria. You will receive the new permit when you apply for residency.

------ end quote

So as applied to all other EU countries and brexit agreement you need to prove you were resident there before 1st January 2021 as a UK person. Or you think something different?

Visas and residency​

If you were resident in Bulgaria before 1 January 2021, you need to apply for a new permit, which was introduced in July 2020.

You must obtain the new permit by 31 December 2021, or earlier if your current permit expires before then. If you don’t you may have to pay a fine, though your rights under the Withdrawal Agreement will not be affected.

If you have not previously applied for residency you must apply at your nearest Migration Directorate office within 90 days of arriving in Bulgaria. You will receive the new permit when you apply for residency.

------ end quote

So as applied to all other EU countries and brexit agreement you need to prove you were resident there before 1st January 2021 as a UK person. Or you think something different?
Yes that seems to be the theory. But in practise you can still apply without proof of previous residency. I am just summarising a video on YouTube that I can't link here as it is competing service. I think it is interesting for a quiet a few but time is running out.

But in practise you can still apply without proof of previous residency

Is that really the case in Bulgaria or just another uninformed Youtuber? In all EU countries like Malta, Spain etc they follow the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement. This requires mandatory proof you were effectively resident in the country there before 1st Jan 2021. In Malta for example that includes providing bank statement with local expenditure, rent contract and proof of social security contributions etc. Spain is even more.

What you are saying is that Bulgeria is not abiding my brexit withdrawal agreement then and not asking for any proof which does not sound correct at all. I know its a corrupt sh1hole but this does not sound right at all.

Interesting discussion.

The Ministry of Interior of Bulgaria says this
The only point which mentions end of 2021 is the exchange of documents:
" The new provisions do not prevent the UK citizens from visiting the respective Migration Offices as per their address of residence and to replace their current residence documents with the document envisaged under the Withdrawal Agreement (in the form of a plastic card) and we recommend that they do so at their earliest convenience.
In this regard please be aware that according to the law you are obliged to replace your document before the expiration of its term of validity (extended as specified in the first paragraph) and in any case before the end of 2021 – whichever of the two comes first.
"

So, there is no official option for a UK citizen to still apply for BG residency in the same way a EU citizen can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Martin Everson
Can you please post link to the official government information you have on this 5 year residency program requiring no proof of previous residency? Hope your not talking about a residency by investment program :rolleyes:.

The below is what I can find for UK nationals.

Edit: Bagpacker beat me to it...lol

Interesting discussion.

The Ministry of Interior of Bulgaria says this
The only point which mentions end of 2021 is the exchange of documents:
" The new provisions do not prevent the UK citizens from visiting the respective Migration Offices as per their address of residence and to replace their current residence documents with the document envisaged under the Withdrawal Agreement (in the form of a plastic card) and we recommend that they do so at their earliest convenience.
In this regard please be aware that according to the law you are obliged to replace your document before the expiration of its term of validity (extended as specified in the first paragraph) and in any case before the end of 2021 – whichever of the two comes first.
"

So, there is no official option for a UK citizen to still apply for BG residency in the same way a EU citizen can do.
Yes, this seems to be a non-official option.

Yes, this seems to be a non-official option.

OK so in other words your talking complete BS. Otherwise post links not hear say for ScamTuber. I want to know if this is real.

There are 2 youtube channels that I would not regard as scamtubbers that operate in the offshore business. One of them is operated by Andrew Henderson and the other by Michael Rosmer.
I can't seem to find much info on Michael Rosmer. Pretty much no reviews either good or bad of his service?

Andrew Henderson's videos are ok, but reviews of his actual services don't make great reading. Obviously, like this forum he will be dealing with some absolute dreamers with stupid ideas who use his consultancy services, get little in return and then leave a bad review but there's quite a lot of negative experiences. Seems more of a marketer than someone who can help you...

Reactions: orangekangaroo
Ok no one has seen the video and the commentary on it. Here it is:

He is a ScamTuber. He tells you absolutely nothing in that video. No facts or info whatsoever. He just says he has a process...lol. What a waste of time. Don't waste your money paying for his personalized advice on how to do this.

Reactions: troubled soul
I can't seem to find much info on Michael Rosmer. Pretty much no reviews either good or bad of his service?

Andrew Henderson's videos are ok, but reviews of his actual services don't make great reading. Obviously, like this forum he will be dealing with some absolute dreamers with stupid ideas who use his consultancy services, get little in return and then leave a bad review but there's quite a lot of negative experiences. Seems more of a marketer than someone who can help you...
I actually watch daily both channels. Andrew is definitely the marketer. I find Michael videos more informative.

Latest Threads