Our valued sponsor

Ledger giving it to Trezor

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I recommend watching this hilarious video only emphasizing the whole f**k up of Ledger and clearly exposing the French clown who leads the company - great lesson of how easy is to ruin a successful business - true Christmas present for Trezor

I recommend watching this hilarious video only emphasizing the whole f**k up of Ledger and clearly exposing the French clown who leads the company - great lesson of how easy is to ruin a successful business - true Christmas present for Trezor
Sales up 900% apparently.

I've had my Trezor about 10 years, I remember at the time everyone said it was a coin flip between Ledger and Trezor but I always thought Trezor looked the better option. Polonieths Razor.

sure, any device like this can be hacked with physical access and adequate effort
that's why one should use an additional passphrase that is not stored anywhere
firmware update and it's provider is still the weakest spot

anyone here using/experimenting with airgap?

Question is would you trust this same company who due to "simple mistake" leaked 250k customer details before to handle your recovery passphrase safely xD It is also funny that once EU is enforcing MiCa and other regulations to crypto we get these backdoors in hardware wallets... I guess after all these years old school paper wallet is the safest and most simple way to keep your funds safe!

Reactions: Onassis and zaybxc
I guess after all these years old school paper wallet is the safest and most simple way to keep your funds safe!
it's way different use case... Trezor/Ledger are for those who actively manage and use their BTC
if you simply store BTC for years for whatever purpose then hw wallet has very little added value while bringing security tradeoffs - then paper (and alike wallets) can easily be the best and safest solution

just don't enable the Recover feature if you fear a government subpoena.
sure, it's an optional feature but the real question is whether one should trust a company that is able to design and incorporate such an idiotic "solution" into a hw wallet and putting a terrible PR approach on top
I totally get the goal, everyone would like to onboard millions of customers still using software wallets and exchanges but this is hard to believe no matter what

Last edited:
sure, any device like this can be hacked with physical access and adequate effort
that's why one should use an additional passphrase that is not stored anywhere
firmware update and it's provider is still the weakest spot

anyone here using/experimenting with airgap?
how much ledger and trezor more secure than a usb key with keepass2 encrypted vault of private keys in it? let's say we zip a keepass file, and put it into another keepass, both with strong master passwords. who can hack it and how? especially if this is kept offline on a usb stick. pretty inconvenient to open the vault each time you need to use the wallets (whatever wallets are installed on the pc) but almost the same process as initializing the ledger/trezor, isn't it? enter pin code, yada yada

how much ledger and trezor more secure than a usb key with keepass2 encrypted vault of private keys in it? let's say we zip a keepass file, and put it into another keepass, both with strong master passwords. who can hack it and how? especially if this is kept offline on a usb stick. pretty inconvenient to open the vault each time you need to use the wallets (whatever wallets are installed on the pc) but almost the same process as initializing the ledger/trezor, isn't it? enter pin code, yada yada
the main difference and reason why to spend money on hw wallet (instead of hundred times cheaper usb stick) is the fact that your private keys are never accessible from any online (potentially compromised) device when signing the transaction and the display (which is an absolute must for hw wallet) allows you to verify everything the software like Trezor suite wants to do

Reactions: Marie Manila
There are websites where it's possible to test the strength of passwords and with the current computing power it's impossible to break a strong password in a short amount of time (it will change with quantum computers).
For BTC and ETH (it should be the same for the other blockchains) it's possible to generate offline a wallet, store the private key in an encrypted file, sign a transaction offline and that way you can transfer your crypto without exposing online your keys, just like a hardware wallet.
So yeah, it's the same process but tedious and error prone, I'd say that hardware wallet is more secure because it's not possible to expose the private keys online by mistake.
At the same time, after watching the video I think a hardware wallet is not perfect.

Latest Threads