Our valued sponsor

Ledger Nano S - is 3 Y.O and need update, any experience?

happyjohn

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
It's almost 3 years since I bought a Ledger Nanon S for my coins. I have moved a lot of coins to these devices and just stored them a safe place.

Yesterday I installed the small APP on my desktop and thought I quickly could access the coins, but it says there need to be installed an update on the device for it to work.

Does someone know if there is a possible risk that all my coins get deleted?

Yeah if that would be possible, but it does not let me do anything without to make any upgrade and I'm afraid of doing so if it somehow will delete my coins baw3## on the other hand I may realize that they would not do that if it is possible to loose coins.

I don't know the Ledger device, but usually the hardware wallets will give you some secret words at the initial setup.
Did you write down these words?

If you have these words, you can set up a new hardware wallet and you will get access to your coins again.

Reactions: happyjohn
Did the upgrade process from an old ledger not too long ago, everything went ok but I remember a little glitche during the first uprade that took me a bit of time to figure out.
So make sure you have the seed words to be able restore your key in case, if something goes wrong your coins won't disappear but you won't be able to access them so careful there. FYI with these seed words you can restore to any wallet not just ledger so you would be able to access you coins quickly even if your hardware wallet is broken.

Latest Threads