Our valued sponsor

Ledger Nanon S and huawei p9 lite not working?

diablo

Pro Member
Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get my legder nanon s to work with an smart phone as huawei p9 lite ?

I bought the cable kit Ledger offers for an extra €15 but nothing works, the device is total dead. If I plug it into a PC it Works just great.

le.jpg
Go here and ask your question: Ledger • r/ledgerwallet these guys will help you if you are still experiencing the issue. that is official ledger support subreddit!

Is this ledger nanon S still the best on the marked or is there better options for us to store crypto in 2020 ?
I have the ledger nano x and I'm pretty satisfied with it. However, I'm using it with electrum as a wallet frontend instead of ledger live, since I am pretty paranoid. When using ledger live you depend on ledger's servers, and therefore you need to trust them that they don't log your transactions. However, if you use e.g. electrum with your own bitcoin-core node you are not dependent on other parties. This might not be viable if you plan to use other coins than bitcoin though, then you should probably stick to ledger live.
Also: disable the bluetooth radio of the nano x.

Do you know if it is possible to use the Electrum frontend if you already used the ledger or do you have to transfer the thing forth and back?
All electrum addresses will be shown as a single account in ledger live. However, using ledger live it is not possible to manage single addresses since ledger live always uses all addresses from a single derivation path. If you have "tainted" coins you won't be able to manage them in ledger live that easily compared to electrum (which has coin freezing and address labels under advanced options).