Our valued sponsor

legal problems offshore company

unfortunately when you have an ecommerce the best way to receive payments is by credit card, but many financial institutions have refused to give me a merchant account, so I used emi. Now that I am under the magnifying glass, I would like to avoid everything that comes from Europe. Is Europacific bank really expensive? how much does it cost to receive and send money with this bank?

the emi were on behalf of another company uk, of course the prosecutor knows about the company in uk as i am a member, but i don't know if they can know if i have accounts at emi, consider that i don't have many money in emi

Well surely they could simply make a test purchase on your website and see payment instructions? Then they could ask EMI for owner details? You dont think they have done that?

yes they made a trial order, but they didn't pay for it, they certainly know which emi I used, but I don't know what they can do

Well that shows they are not playing around. It sounds like they are serious and have allocated man hours to try and investigate where the money goes.

You need to think long and hard what the right thing to do is. They will find out who is behind the Seychelles company eventually or indirectly.

I don´t understand why you are taking this so light. Isnt the punishment like up to 5 years in prison for something like this,
and also depending on how much money you have made. Also they will probaly confiscate what ever profits you have made.

And you are here talking about starting a new company? Perhaps you should consult with a lawyer and see what happens
with this case, before you continue this.

Also, why should Seychelles provide company owner data? at the moment there is only an alleged sales offense, I don't think the seychelles government is so stupid that it gives up easily, there was no murder!
You are worthless to the seychelles government. They make what? $20 -$100 a year fees? from you? This is a big gamble you are placing on a backwards, corrupt government to keep you safe for $20 a year. But if a court order comes, they will give that data up in a flash.

, I took care of the creation of the website and web marketing

No you haven't taken care of anything, you have lied to the government hoping your structure stands up to scrutiny. You are shown to be involved setting up the company, you are shown to be involved in the parent UK company. They know what you are doing. They know you are the UBO, maybe they cannot prove it yet, but they know.

Go speak to a lawyer now and find out what are the best / worst case scenerios and see if you are prepared to take that risk on the strength of this structure.

Reactions: GiGoGo
Hi.

i walked throught your post and here the follow :

If it is a Big 2 countries from EU and i think it is ( GER - FRA) Chance to get access to information from Seychelles are 99,999%. 00,0001 % has been given to you if they fault on the mail/ letter asking it.
Then, they will find you are involved in Seychelles and they will ask themselves:

Mhm Mister A is a shareholder or involved in Seychelles IBC who own the website.
Mhm Muster A is involved in uk LTd who get the money but have also as shareholders Seychelles IBC ( with you as a shareholder or involved)
Mhm Mister A was involved on purchasing the domain on behalf of Seychelles company.

Mhm Mister A is everywhere and with compound control the 25% threshold is irrelevant, I've seen some procedures with only 10% held by people.
Managing Marketing and not sales? Until you prove that you just have done what you are asked or paid for. If they didn't found another person, isn't the primary role of Marketing to gain customers so making more illegal purchases and more illegal profits?

Sometimes advertise to a large scale an illegal activity in order to get more customers is worse than doing it locally.

To finish. Even if you contribute let say 100K per year to the Sheychelles gov, they will give you. We are talking about an order from the court and not a letter from tax office. They will not risk to cold their tight relationship with big eu countries for even 1M€ , they will give your informations and tell the court we are so kind, you see we give you what you want.

You have a chance to avoid massive problems more if you are in France than Germany. France have a saturated court case, so if you want drained massive Millions of profits and no person felt sick with you products along with the possible authorization from suppliers to end customers ( hope they are not in EU) . You should be fine, just you will have tax fine, maybe VAt one, remove the website and on whatchlist.

all this based on what you have said.
Kr

it is not germany or france, it is in another important country in europe. But in any case, consider that there are no foreign exchange crimes, the Seychellois company does not even have a bank account, also if there is no evidence that products have been shipped, what would they like to accuse me of? they can only assume that on the website there were non-compliant products in europe, but the website is aimed at a global user, who cares about europe? there is also asia, india, etc.

it is not germany or france, it is in another important country in europe. But in any case, consider that there are no foreign exchange crimes, the Seychellois company does not even have a bank account, also if there is no evidence that products have been shipped, what would they like to accuse me of? they can only assume that on the website there were non-compliant products in europe, but the website is aimed at a global user, who cares about europe? there is also asia, india, etc.
I strongly believed you are fucked, mainly because you are ignorant. I don't mean you are ignorant as an insult, I believe you are ignorant as in you are legitimately unintelligent and have no idea what is going on. I'm not here to beat up on you. You should get the smartest lawyer you can find because I genuinely believe whatever you say to police/prosecutors you are likely to f**k yourself through your lack of intelligence. Most people in jail are not there for being criminals, they are there for having low intelligence levels and screwing themselves by having a big mouth or being sloppy and leaving a trail of evidence leading back to them.

I've read your post and you've already given answers which indirectly contradict your assertions. You told them you're just a webmaster/it guy but then they are going to find you as a member of the LLP, receiving payments from the processors, track that to your bank account etc. Should have used bitcoin. If you are in a country where lying to police/investigators or prosecutors is a crime, they will likely catch on that if you keep talking to them, if they haven't caught you yet.

Seychelles will not protect your information for a criminal case. These offshore jurisidictions are not designed for that anymore. They will only protect you from private individuals chasing your assets, not the gov't. Gov't have co-operation agreements, and when the prosecutor office in your nation call the one in Seychelles they will hand over everything on you. They won't even need a warrant or to fight for it, prosecutors around the world are like a brotherhood and they will give evidence to each other.

You need to understand, the only reason the authorities talk to you or investigate you is to gather enough evidence to throw you in prison. If they had the evidence to lock you up already, you'd be under the jail cell. So what they do is try to bring you in for questioning hoping that you will either lie about an something they have the answer to and then twist your arm to admit to the things they don't.

This is why talking to them is so dangerous and if your country has a right to remain silent I strongly urge you to shutup! It is very likely you can/will inadvertently admit to other crimes you aren't even aware you DID! There could be other crimes on there. It is not uncommon for the police to accuse you falsely of a crime you did not do, to get you to admit or incriminate yourself into a crime you DID do.

If you had shut your mouth and never talked to them. You could have communicated through your lawyer all the lies you want. Your lawyer can lie until he is blue in the face, you cannot. You could just lie and say you were a maintenance consultant through your lawyer.

As for if what you did was illegal or not. I mean, we don't know the laws of your country, but it would be better if your lawyer could get them to lay their case forward. They have to formally accuse you of something, force them to show their hand.

The fact they could seize your website suggest they've gotten some judge to agree you are doing bad/illegal s**t on a reasonable/probable basis.

The only law I think they could get you with would be some type of export or sale prohibition. Has it ever occurred to you that it is illegal to sale or distribute boutiline from your country? Even if it is performed in another country? I know it sounds confusing but if you are in France, and the law there says its illegal to sell, distribute, etc. boutiline without a permit, etc. they may take the position that you are selling boutiline from your website hosted in France or based out of France and since the money is coming to you in France then you are selling/distributing it at least in part from France?

This is why the experts in offshoring all say you cannot just move your assets abroad, you have to move your a*s abroad. If you truly want the protections of these companies, you just cannot live in the EU, USA, West, etc.

You company structure will not protect you from the judge/gov't etc of EU if you live in EU because they just see past the fictitious structure and look at what they think is REALLY going on. If you live in France, bank in france, drive in france get money into French accounts. In their minds, there is no difference between you selling your boutuline online from china to mexico than if you had a formal office in France doing the same thing.

Your best bet is to get a lawyer who can try to convince prosecutor to back down, bribe him under the table or take a slap on the wrist fine.

See my post above, sale, manufacture, distribution. They will track down your financials to presume the product had been sold. Further, if your financials reflect that you sold products that never shipped, they'll hit you with consumer fraud and false advertising, bait and switch, etc. They must have some proof you sold this stuff or else they could not have gotten an order to shut your website.

They are going to argue you are the only person they can find attached to this firm. You are in "France" lets say its your country, and you are the "controlling mind/operations" of the firm and are distributing and selling these products FROM France without a license to do so.

the situation is this, the products are shipped from abroad to customers all over the world (there is no proof that they were shipped to my country), the server where my website was placed is on a hosting of a another european nation, the bank from which the british company received the money is an emi based in uk (i'm not british), at the moment there are investigations to find evidence, they only subjected me to an interrogation, the my lawyer was present in the headquarters of the finance guard, but he is a criminal lawyer, he is not an expert in foreign companies, also there are no offenses of foreign exchange because the companies have been opened for a few months, so I am in time to make the declaration of the income, also on the website there were many legal products, so it is not said that the botulinum was sold until proven otherwise

Latest Threads