Our valued sponsor

Leupay blocked account

Btw it is reported that Leupay is trying to re-brand as Leopay now...lol. So if your case makes it to court you may end up chasing Satabank, Leupay and Leopay entities - all the same ownership but designed to cause maximum confusion.

Payments company commits reverse domain name hijacking - Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Website Stuff

After investigating them further I actually closed my accounts with LeuPay. Should have never involved myself with a Bulgarian owned company. It is like small European banks with middle east owners..it never ends well. If you read the full text of the wipo dispute proceedings (in link below) where they are [Complainant], look at the way they tried to obtain the domain name leopay.com from its owner [Respondent]. They literally submitted an anonymous offer to buy domain from owner which owner who requested a higher price. Then they turned around and used his response as evidence to support legal proceedings to ultimately try and hijack the domain from its existing owner of nearly 10 years. I have nothing but contempt for their actions and moral values. This to me speaks volumes about their ethics and use of dirty tricks....lol. I don't know what to make of this opaque company, but if I smell danger I run.

WIPO Domain Name Decision: D2018-0151

-----extract of case------
C.1. Offer to Sell
The Complainant relies upon the Respondent’s pre-Complaint offer to sell the disputed domain name to assert bad faith under paragraph 4(b)(i) of the Policy.

The Panel considers the Complainant unable to avail itself of this ground of bad faith, as the Complainant did not possess any rights in the LEUPAY Trade Mark at the time of registration of the disputed domain name. The Complainant is therefore unable to establish that the disputed domain name was registered in order to profit from or exploit the Complainant’s (then non-existent) LEUPAY Trade Mark (see WIPO Overview 3.0, section 3.1.1).

Furthermore, in light of (i) the Panel’s finding as to the Complainant’s failure to satisfy the lack of rights and legitimate interests in the disputed domain name; and (ii) the manner in which the Complainant’s representative solicited the Respondent’s offer, the Panel finds that the circumstances of this proceeding do not support a finding of bad faith under paragraph 4(b)(i) in any event.

The evidence relied upon by the Complainant is the following email chain:

“Subject: leopay.com quote

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017… [the Complainant’s representative] wrote:

Hi, what is the price of leopay.com?

I have a client who is ready to buy it for 1000 EUR.

Thank you very much…

Wednesday, September 13, 2017… Yongchang Zhang wrote:

200000 EUR.

This is my seller price

Contact me, please hit my cell phone number…

On Friday, September 22, 2017… [the Complainant’s representative] wrote:

Hello,

my client offers 5000 EUR final price,

please advise,

thank you very much,

best regards…

To: [the Complainant’s representative]

Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017…

Hello,

my final price 100000 EUR,

Contact me, please hit my cell phone number… “

The Panel accepts the Respondent’s submissions that, when he received this anonymous email, he did not know who the other side was, he thought the offer to buy the disputed domain name may have been a joke, and he casually replied (with a high counter-offer) for interest’s sake and in order to find out if the disputed domain name was popular. The Respondent submits that, as the sender of the email did not respond further, and did not contact the Respondent by telephone as requested, he thought the offer to buy the disputed domain name from a stranger was not genuine.

The Respondent asserts that he really likes the disputed domain name and that he will never sell it.

The Respondent further asserts that the solicitation of his offer was undertaken in bad faith in order to obtain evidence in support of this proceeding.

I have read everything. All the infos you give are important but always show that something goes wrong with them and I will loose a real big amount.
Like you I shouldn't have to make business with little entity in Bulgaria.

Here is an update on whats happening with Satabank below. If your account is still blocked at Leupay then here is the reason. why :-(

Financial investigators comb through Satabank's client files

Financial investigators comb through Satabank's client files
MFSA and FIAU scrutinise bank's compliance with anti-money laundering rules

Satabank is facing a comprehensive examination of its compliance with anti-money laundering and terrorist financing laws after catching the eye of the MFSA and FIAU, The Sunday Times of Malta has learnt.

Inspectors from both bodies have been carrying out an extensive audit of Satabank’s client files, to check for any shortcomings in the way it goes about its operations.

An audit firm has also been called in to assist the Malta Financial Services Authority and Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit in their work.

The on-site examination at Satabank’s St Julian’s headquarters is expected to be completed in the coming weeks.

Extensive sampling of Satabank’s files is taking place to give the MFSA and FIAU a strong basis to decide if any action should be taken against the bank.

The authorities will only see if any such action is warranted after the audit has been completed.

Prior to the bank gaining its licence in Malta, Satabank’s Bulgarian co-owned Christo Georgiev ran an e-money business in Luxembourg.

The group the bank forms part of voluntarily surrendered its electronic money institution licence issued by Luxembourg after Satabank was given its licence in Malta.

Contacted by The Sunday Times of Malta about the audit, a spokesman for the bank expressed his confidence that Satabank is fully compliant with all relevant anti-money laundering and terrorist financing legislation.

“The bank is not allowed to comment on audits or other checks that may be carried out by the authorities,” the spokesman added.

The MFSA and FIAU both declined to comment about specific cases.

According to the FIAU’s latest annual report, 45 joint inspections were carried out with the MFSA on entities in the financial sector.

Satabank told this paper in March that the bank had tightened its criteria for the selection and on-boarding of new clients, to reflect the bank’s risk appetite, and in order to stay consistent with the upcoming regulatory ratios.

The bank was named by a Sicilian prosecutor last year as having been used by fuel trader Gordon Debono to receive illicit payments through his Maltese company Petroplus Ltd, as part of an alleged €30 million fuel smuggling ring.

Mr Debono and PetroPlus Ltd were slapped with US sanctions in February.

Malta’s banking sector has faced a tumultuous period over the last few years.