Our valued sponsor

Leupay personal account

Hi every one. Do online bank account like Leupay have anu DTC or TIEA Agreements with our residency country?
This is on my opinion one of the most important question to have answered.. along with liability, of course.

Reactions: hofo
Hi every one. Do online bank account like Leupay have anu DTC or TIEA Agreements with our residency country?
This is on my opinion one of the most important question to have answered.. along with liability, of course.
Leupay reports automatically clients and account information to the tax authorities (CRS) the following information:
- The account holder identity;
- The account number;
- The year-end account balance;
- The income (interest, dividends, gross proceeds, etc.).

Leupay reports automatically clients and account information to the tax authorities (CRS) the following information:
- The account holder identity;
- The account number;
- The year-end account balance;
- The income (interest, dividends, gross proceeds, etc.).

By the way, it seems to me that there is a bit of a hole in Leupay's KYC process. They don't seem to be verifying the actual place of residence of a person through utility bills, bank statements or such. They ask for the applicant's nationality, and insist on sending an SMS to a mobile with the prefix of that country. This really makes no sense. A Portuguese can live in Vietnam, a German in Malta, a Chinese in Canada...... And SMS can be spoofed. So basically, if you happen not to be resident in the country of your nationality it seems to me that you can avoid meaningful CRS reporting. They will report to "your" country but not to the one you live in, which is the primary concern. Am I getting this right?

By the way, it seems to me that there is a bit of a hole in Leupay's KYC process. They don't seem to be verifying the actual place of residence of a person through utility bills, bank statements or such. They ask for the applicant's nationality, and insist on sending an SMS to a mobile with the prefix of that country. This really makes no sense. A Portuguese can live in Vietnam, a German in Malta, a Chinese in Canada...... And SMS can be spoofed. So basically, if you happen not to be resident in the country of your nationality it seems to me that you can avoid meaningful CRS reporting. They will report to "your" country but not to the one you live in, which is the primary concern. Am I getting this right?
Leupay needs proof of residency.

Yes, they require utility bill and passport copy, so you are right, the phone number verification makes no sense, anyway they tried to adopt it from some of the other EMI providers and can be fooled easely.

Just to clarify, I 'm speaking from my experience of opening a corporate account. I have not completed the procedure yet but so far it does not appear that they require verification of my personal place of residence. Maybe this will come later in the process?

And sorry, I realize this thread is about personal accounts, so I shouldn't have made this comment.

i was just browsing their site and could not find answer to this.

If i have personal leupay account can i receive money from offshore company? 3rd party funding allowed?

Or i can only fund leupay from my own bank account?
LeuPay offers own IBAN account number if the account is verified as such you can receive payments from anyone providing the IBAN account number to them.

Reactions: hofo
They report the hell out of you! use darks to protect your privacy and avoid troubles!

Yes, they require utility bill and passport copy...
On the Leupay personal account faq they do indeed require ID/passport and you can use a utility bill, but they give other options for the latter: "one of the following - to upload a document, which proves your address; or, to fund your LeuPay account via a bank transfer; or, to fund your LeuPay account via a verified, stored in your LeuPay debit/credit card."

So it seems a utility bill is not necessary, you can use a bank transfer or 'verified' card. Anyone had experience of using a transfer or card instead of utility?

Reactions: clemens and negon

Latest Threads