Our valued sponsor

Life in the Caymans

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
Currently considering 'what next', will continue to keep existing bases, but ultimately growing weary of lack of interaction intellectually.

Been looking at the caymans, only issue being the wife is preg.

I used to live in Bahamas before heading to HK then SEA, did consider EU/UK - tax and the economic woes there in future are off-putting, pretty much anti anything US after having eyes opened to the destruction their overseas objectives create, lived in Dubai for a year and find it soul-void, actually lot of that area, now considering Carbi.

Thinking little cayman, or one of the other island nations, any thoughts, advice etc, been over a decade since i was last year.

Why you left Bahamas???

Cayman and Bahamas does not have much difference as both are tiny island.... country...

Do you reasearch about Mauritius???

Do you try Malaysia???
First wife, left her flew as far away as possible ha ha, bahamas had a lot of crime issues, not so sure on caymans.

Mauritius wouldn't interest, would be the same issues, Malaysia is next door - more of the same as current.

• Haha
Reactions: troubled soul
First wife, left her flew as far away as possible ha ha, bahamas had a lot of crime issues,
Crime issues are in New Providence/Nassau. The Family Islands are almost crime-free
not so sure on caymans.
Grand Cayman is generally safer than New Providence.

If you need to stay closer to the USA, consider Turks & Caicos.
If you prefer a “real” country, rather than a small island, head south and go to the Dominican Republic, where there is something for every taste and pocket.

Thinking little cayman, or one of the other island nations, any thoughts, advice etc, been over a decade since i was last year.

Are you seeking island living only?

Isle of Mann, UK without the high tax.
Not exactly so low taxation, and the lump sum has been increased a lot over the last few years. At that point, better to go to Italy and pay the 100k Eur flat tax, at least you get good food, fun, culture and whatever climate and nature you prefer from freezing cold to desert hot.

Btw, the IOM is a bit of a s..thole and 1000 years of interbreeding has had its effects on the population.

Last edited:
If your in crypto, iom is a very attractive offer, and you can still travel via boat/plane to mainland uk/ireland, there is no passport control via boat. Your not "stuck" on the island.
I remember going directly to the apron by car with no passport control at Ronaldsway, but that was a few years ago and things might have changed.

Are you seeking island living only?
No, not at all, lived on a island for a decade and bit though

What are you exactly looking for? Maybe we can come up with something else.

I see you mention SEA, have you tried Thailand?

On the Caribbean you could try the Mexican coast, Playa del Carmen is a nice place.
2nd home yeah

Playa del carmen is crime infested these days. True that the mx gov lets foreign residents do their thing. But just maintain petty cash in a mx bank.

i mean theres little to argue about this. Id recommend not drawing attention to yourself / dealing with drugs in PDC.
There're other places 'nearby' with a better crime situation.

Downside is that PDC feels like being in Miami somewhat and a lot of people like that.
Not so much in Merida/Campeche/Ciudad del Carmen.

Id avoid Tulum like the plague.

What about Cozumel?

I like the place but it can get quite boring after some time.