Our valued sponsor

List of countries with no CGT on securities

glengoolie

BANNED MEMBER
Mar 30, 2021
EU
Visit site
Hi,
does anybody here know where I could find a list or a map of countries that have 0% Capital Gains Tax on securities(stocks, bonds...)? The problem when looking for this information is that usually CGT is tied to real estate and finding info for securities is quite tough so I was unable to find any, yet.

In Puerto Rico, under Act 22 new qualifying residents have 100% tax exemption from Puerto Rico taxes on all dividend and interest income and long-term capital gains accrued after becoming a qualifying new resident. All capital gains accrued after establishing qualifying residency are 100% exempt.

Hi,
does anybody here know where I could find a list or a map of countries that have 0% Capital Gains Tax on securities(stocks, bonds...)? The problem when looking for this information is that usually CGT is tied to real estate and finding info for securities is quite tough so I was unable to find any, yet.

If you do R and D on World Bank website . You find very useful information.
Do check it out .

Reactions: seabreeze
Cyprus - no tax on trading in securities either as a short term trader or a longterm investor. this applies both to companies and individuals.
What about trading with bitcoins, they are taxed right?

What about trading with bitcoins, they are taxed right?
There ia no official asset classification of bitcoins. In the absence of such classification different approaches are being implemented as to its tax treatment. The major being an attempt to classify the operation between trading and investing. The former comes under trading income and its taxable under corporate tax if it takes place in a company and taxed within the progressive rates if it is done by an individual. The safe harbor comes when the operation can be characterized as investing and the income as capital gain. Capital gains arising from inveating in bitcoins are exempted from tax both for a company and on an individual basis.

Last edited: