Our valued sponsor

List of EMI that are/aren't related to the Russian mafia

LisaSimpson

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Following the problem related to Epayments and revolut, i think it is import to list of EMI's that aren't related to the Russian mafia. Lots of people on this forum faced major problems with Russian nationals. I think that we should stay away from them. Let them grow, and one day maybe a new generation of Russian people will have a trustworthy behavior. Please be free to challange my list.

So, EMI's that are influenced by Russians:

Wirex CEO: Pavel Matveev (Russian?)
Epayservice: Employees have Russian surnames.
Revolut: CEO Nik Storonsky russian
Epayment: Suspension since february 2020 related to Russian funds. CEO: Mikhail Rymanov

------
Not related to Russia:
Paxum: Octav Moise (Canada?)
Quppy: Estonian?
AdvCash: Not russian?
morning: french
bitpanda: austrian

Nice share and idea for a new thread.

Anyone posting here please stick strictly to the topic, I will remove all non relevant replies without further comments.

Quppy is owned and ran by a Russian gentleman.
Advcash is owned and ran by a Jewish/American gentleman.
I've never heard of Morning and as far as I'm aware, Bitpanda is ran and owned by Austrians.

In all fairness, I see nothing wrong with using services, provided by Russians. I know many Russians and all of them are trustworthy people.
The EMI businesses (especially the ones we're interested in) are risky by default and that's just part of the game.

EDIT: I've never had troubles with Wirex. I don't use Revolut for plenty of reasons. I've never used Epayments/Epayservices so I can't give an opinion on them.

Following the problem related to Epayments and revolut, i think it is import to list of EMI's that aren't related to the Russian mafia. Lots of people on this forum faced major problems with Russian nationals. I think that we should stay away from them. Let them grow, and one day maybe a new generation of Russian people will have a trustworthy behavior.
You know, I'm from Russia and I am perfectly trustworthy ) The problem is not in people themselves, but in russian government which makes it all but impossible to run a fully legit business. And when it's already "half-shady" there is but a small step to a complete fraud.
But remove mr.Putin and you won't need "new generation", the one already exists will suffice :)

Reactions: Jonny Cage
Keep the EMI names coming thu&¤#

P.S Every damn EMI and bank failure I have endured has been Russian related its not a coincidence.

how about ibani and paysera? I found ibani and paysera few days ago, but not much feedback on them.

In resume this are the EMI i know:

1. ibani.com
  2. paysera.com
  3. spectrocoin.com
  4. bankera.com
  5. leopay.com
1. Haven't heard of them.
2. As far as I know - Lithuanians but I haven't dug too deep.
3. As far as I know - Lithuanians, but again, I haven't dug too deep.
4. The same people behind spectrocoin.
5. I know them well, they are now Icard, a Bulgarian gentleman is behind the company.

@Martin Everson Wait until you get to the Bulgarian-owned banks!

Reactions: Martin Everson
Russian influence:

Don't forget WorldCore: CEO: Alex Nasonov (Russian surname)
WorldCore is dead

I link the Epayments to its stories:
ePayments is gone!

Revolut implications with the Kremlin:
Revolut: could allegations of Russian involvement sidetrack a fintech revolution?

Leopay: Yavor Petrov (it sounds russian to me).

------------
Non russian and quite interestingly no headlines.

Spectrocoin part of bankera: Lithuanians (not from Russian speaking community).

Vytautas Karalevicius has 2 current jobs as Co-founder at Bankera and CEO at SpectroCoin .

Any.time: French Mr Damien Dupouy.

MisterTango: Audrius Ramanauskas: Lithuanian.

transferwise: Estonian CEO: Kristo Käärmann

Reactions: Btraveler
What's the problem with Russians ?
It's not a problem with the Russians, it's the problem with the money and banking regulations. EU and US don't like uncontrolled flow of Russian money and EMIs controlled by Russians will always be a target. Say you run an online business in a high-risk niche and only EMIs are willing to accept you, if EU/US suspects that Russians are using the EMI/Platform or whatever to launder the money the company is likely to be shut down and your funds will be either locked or you won't have a way of operating your business anymore, that's why people wish to stay away from those. It's not particularly directed into the Russian individuals, it's about the politics and international laws and business conduct.

It's not a problem with the Russians, it's the problem with the money and banking regulations. EU and US don't like uncontrolled flow of Russian money and EMIs controlled by Russians will always be a target. Say you run an online business in a high-risk niche and only EMIs are willing to accept you, if EU/US suspects that Russians are using the EMI/Platform or whatever to launder the money the company is likely to be shut down and your funds will be either locked or you won't have a way of operating your business anymore, that's why people wish to stay away from those. It's not particularly directed into the Russian individuals, it's about the politics and international laws and business conduct.

Exactly spot on thu&¤#.

Seriously if you see a Russian EMI just run in other direction and don't look back.

Reactions: PaulKruger

Latest Threads