Our valued sponsor

List of EMI that are/aren't related to the Russian mafia

ok, but what is the problem with russian emis/business?
If you are talking about topic starter, the problem is that EU-based Russian-controlled EMIs have a tendency to be permanently closed for various reasons :)
If you were asking about me, Russian-based EMIs are not suitable since they will report all activity to Russian government, and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

If you were asking about me, Russian-based EMIs are not suitable since they will report all activity to Russian government, and that's what I'm trying to avoid.
1) US- and EU-based EMIs report to the US and EU respectevely. Is this a news?
2) What's Russian-based EMI? Based in Russia or related to Russia? If based in Russia, and you live in Russia, what else would you expect from such a EMI? Any EMI in any country will do the same.

1) US- and EU-based EMIs report to the US and EU respectevely. Is this a news?
2) What's Russian-based EMI? Based in Russia or related to Russia? If based in Russia, and you live in Russia, what else would you expect from such a EMI? Any EMI in any country will do the same.
1) No, that's not a news and I totally don't care about US and EU, let them know everything.
2) I mean based in Russia, of course. They report everything by default. But Russia doesn't have CRS agreements even with every EEA country, all the more so non-EEA.
For example, if US, UK or Lithuania based EMI agrees to send a card to Russia, that would be what I'm looking for.

2) I mean based in Russia, of course. They report everything by default. But Russia doesn't have CRS agreements even with every EEA country, all the more so non-EEA.
For example, if US, UK or Lithuania based EMI agrees to send a card to Russia, that would be what I'm looking for.
That's a good point. As someone above said, he never has more money in his wallet then what he would spend in the nearest future. If that is the case, risk may be very low.

Don't you think it is bit racist post? Not all Russians are criminals.

Russia has many races btw but I get the gist of what you mean.

I would say no not all Russians are criminals but in terms of EMI's feel free to post some clean Russian controlled EMI's we can use that are not mafia related. Look forward to your list.

Reactions: burden
I just enjoy your posts, dude. rof/%

99% of people in here claiming to have problems with TW.

Regarding bunq...

Honestly, is there any of the more advanced users in here using ANY EMI around the globe on a daily basis? Not talking about small summs, talking about real business accounts and activities.

The more I get into this whole topic, because I can‘t seem to find a real bank for my business yet, the more I lose hope in the digital banking sector.

I just enjoy your posts, dude. rof/%

99% of people in here claiming to have problems with TW.

Regarding bunq...

Honestly, is there any of the more advanced users in here using ANY EMI around the globe on a daily basis? Not talking about small summs, talking about real business accounts and activities.

The more I get into this whole topic, because I can‘t seem to find a real bank for my business yet, the more I lose hope in the digital banking sector.
I use Wirex, Revolut, Epayments, Epayservice, Payoneer, Paxum
As a business I use TransferWise and N26
Usually, when you open an account as a business, there aren't as many problems as if you would have an individual bank account. It is like they didn't implement all the algorithms to block you or maybe I flew under the radar.
I had problems with epayments and paxum.

I don't trust also the horror stories about EMIs. I just created this thread to mention that we should diversify our portfolio. It does not make sense to apply this approach to banks. EMI facilitates this diversification. It is important to put all eggs in the same basket.

In fact, I had more problems with real banks than EMIs. In France, Credit Mutuel blocked 10000 euros. In the UK, LLoyds blocked 20000£, I lost a lot of money because of Deutsche bank.

Reactions: redmile and burden
I use Wirex, Revolut, Epayments, Epayservice, Payoneer, Paxum
As a business I use TransferWise and N26
Holy moly, 8 banking accounts... I would be fine with using a combination of 2 accounts, but that‘s just way too much.
In fact, I had more problems with real banks than EMIs. In France, Credit Mutuel blocked 10000 euros. In the UK, LLoyds blocked 20000£, I lost a lot of money because of Deutsche bank.
May I ask how y‘all are losing money with them? Darks/shady business? Don‘t want to dig any deeper, I just wonder why would you lose any money you legally put there. ;)

Issue most people have with EMI's that complain is because they fall into high risk category personally. You often get a guy living in an EU country with a Iraq, Iranian, Lebanese, Russian or Nigerian citizenship but use there EU ID card to open a business account with an EMI. He does for example a large transaction or multiple payments outside EU to i.e Serbia, Lebanon or has unverifiable clients outside the EU. He may also visit these and strange countries and access the service while there. Then EMI closes his account. He comes on here screaming that his account was closed for no reason and his activity is legit. In his mind he doesn't think of himself as high risk i.e by looking at his business account balance on his mobile from an IP address in Iran...lol.

Issue most people have with EMI's that complain is because they fall into high risk category personally. You often get a guy living in an EU country with a Iraq, Iranian, Lebanese, Russian or Nigerian citizenship but use there EU ID card to open a business account with an EMI. He does for example a large transaction or multiple payments outside EU to i.e Serbia, Lebanon or has unverifiable clients outside the EU. He may also visit these and strange countries and access the service while there. Then EMI closes his account. He comes on here screaming that his account was closed for no reason and his activity is legit. In his mind he doesn't think of himself as high risk i.e by looking at his business account balance on his mobile from an IP address in Iran...lol.
Ohhhhh.... Do you really think most of these complaining people fall into this category?

Edit: I always thought it's the shady people having something to hide.

Seriously, I'm trying to solve an opposite problem now. I NEED a Russian controlled EMI because only with them there is a chance to receive a plastic card in Russia. No genuine EU-based EMI will send a card to Russia. And I don't see any thus far.
Maybe I am missing something but why wouldn't you use mail forwarding service? For example have a company receive the card for you in Germany and then ship it to you in Russia?

Latest Threads