Our valued sponsor

List of resources to start learning about finance from scratch

Mel

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I’m new here, I am from a non EU country and I want to relocate to a cheaper place in Europe to save on tax and cost of living (I have a second European passport). I am a freelancer earning 50k, with time I will grow, and I don’t know anything about finance. I want to start learning about finance so to have a financial plan and be able to make the right choices. I have to start from the very basic. Where do you recommend to start from? Which resources?

Thank you so much for your precious help!

Reactions: John Andrews
You should probably start school and see if you can not get a 3-4 year education, then you can also come back here and maybe understand what this is about.

I leave your post standing, and eagerly await some of the next incredibly good answers that must come soon.

I already have an itch in my fingers that would like to click on a particular button here.

I am waiting for OP to post a course or website he just happened to stumble across. Then for him to ask us what we think about it :rolleyes:.

P.S Free internet marking 101...cough cough.

But hey maybe I am too cynical.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Hi Guys thank you very much for your answers.
Just to clarify, I just want to educate myself in an organized way using reliable sources. The knowledge I want to acquire shouldn't in any way substitute/replace the help of professional tax advisors. I hope this clarifies my question.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

start reading books on finance and financial literacy... google is your best friend
Hi, thank you for your reply, yes, that's what I'm doing but honestly I'm learning much more in talking to lawyers and accountants, that's why I thought to ask if there are specific resources someone knows and feel to recommend in order to learn a bit about the topic of finance. Anyway thanks for replying!

There are lots of good tutorials on youTube for any topic, for free. You just have to search for your "keyword tutorial", and select "playlist". Watch a few and if you know what yo'ure looking for, you'll easily see who's a good teacher and who's not.
You can also use paid services like Skillshare, although I don't know how good they're on the finance niche.
Some universities also post their content -e.g. MBA- directly to youTube