Our valued sponsor

List of Swiss bank that accept a foreign company?

james David

BANNED MEMBER
Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Dear All gurus.

Swiss is a well known for best banking system. but mainly they are for private clients.

what about corporate.
if you know a good bank accept a foreign company. please share it.

Thank you

CIM bank accepts foreign companies if we talk about onshore companies without nominees, also you will have better chances with EU company
all other swiss banks might accept as well, but fat deposit and personal visit might be neccessary

It would be easier to ask which Swiss banks don't accept foreign companies. It depends on company activities and whether you will become a private client with them. If you are just looking for a company account for plain vanilla payment processing and nothing else....avoid Switzerland entirely. Swiss banks make money of investing your money and not of wire transfers. ns2

• Haha
Reactions: lavel
CIM bank accepts foreign companies if we talk about onshore companies without nominees, also you will have better chances with EU company
all other swiss banks might accept as well, but fat deposit and personal visit might be neccessary
OK, please provide the list of banks they could accept.
Fat deposit and personal visit is not a problem is the bank is reliable

It would be easier to ask which Swiss banks don't accept foreign companies. It depends on company activities and whether you will become a private client with them. If you are just looking for a company account for plain vanilla payment processing and nothing else....avoid Switzerland entirely. Swiss banks make money of investing your money and not of wire transfers. ns2
actually many they dont accept. we just called to over 15 banks and simply they said no

Why don't you simple travel to Switzerland and start visiting some banks! It's pretty easy to get started there. Otherwise, find some of the agents around in Switzerland that also do Swiss company incorporation they will be able to help you too!

Can you connect me with one person working there? We have such clients with 7-figure sum

It does not work that way with UBS. The bank works by bankers covering different markets. For example you will have an RM/banker covering French clients, or another RM covering Saudi clients. If you walk in and speak to a banker who covers lets say Saudi clients he will tell you to get lost as he will not get to manage your money and there is nothing in it for him - it's a selfish environment and bankers at UBS seldom refer leads to colleagues...as its all about internal competition...lol.

I have banked with UBS (bandits) for over 14 years in a private banking relationship. I can tell you in 2018 the best way to find the right person is to find the 'Market Head of [country]' or a desperate looking UBS banker on LinkedIn (for your respective market) and contact them directly. All the bankers are on there hunting for clients anyway....lol. gre¤#!

some really a s**t banks, we called more than 20 banks. they showed no sign of interest. even when you talk big number.
BNP we called, just promised someone will call us. no one did. and non will do.

I guess you need to have a connection to get introduced there other wise you will be failed.
so principle of fat deposits and big transactions number. not interested for them.

some really a s**t banks, we called more than 20 banks. they showed no sign of interest. even when you talk big number.
BNP we called, just promised someone will call us. no one did. and non will do.

I guess you need to have a connection to get introduced there other wise you will be failed.
so principle of fat deposits and big transactions number. not interested for them.

Never call a Swiss bank and expect them to talk over the phone anything sensible. You could be a reporter or investigator for all they know. Also quoting big numbers doesn't impress any bank in 2018. People with big numbers never contact banks directly....lol. These people have their financial advisors or family office do this and this is who the banks speak to and deal with on a daily basis i.e lawyers, accounts, intermediaries. Most Swiss banks have established referral networks and are NEVER going to talk turkey with strangers of the street. They rely on the introducers to have at least done the ground work on checking the client out before they engage with their time.

I would really do some through research on Swiss banking and Swiss culture before cold calling any Swiss bank, especially if the bank is based in Zurich and not Geneva.

Martin, your opinion is so important. I appreciate that.
Agree no one like to talk to strangers. however we are only communicating with them through official emails and company. so we look also professional. 2nd we ask about requirements to open account not offering big numbers.

Thats we have asked people if someone know direct contacts instead all time and energy in negotiations and seeking for a solutions.

Moreover, real business man will never travel for nothing in order to open a bank account. they simple ask yes or no.

Thats we have asked people if someone know direct contacts instead all time and energy in negotiations and seeking for a solutions.

Moreover, real business man will never travel for nothing in order to open a bank account. they simple ask yes or no.

if somebody has such contacts, he will not share it with strangers on forum, because it was a king of challenge to get contacts, infromation costs money
have you tried CIM Banque? it is the only one, that do not hesitate to communicate directly with customers, who found them online

Reactions: Spinat
if somebody has such contacts, he will not share it with strangers on forum, because it was a king of challenge to get contacts, infromation costs money

Very true ;-)

The last thing I would ever do is refer a stranger. To be honest even if they paid me I would not do it. The damage it can do to me existing Swiss banking relationships if the person turned out to be a criminal or terrorist would potentially cause my own account to be terminated :-(

Reactions: Spinat
Sorry to reopen this thread. Anyway, beside CIM Banque is there a reputable online bank in Switzerland, I wonder why there isn't any EMI already, or did I just not searched enough?

There are no EMIs in Switzerland because EMI is an EU/EEA product and Switzerland isn't a member of EU or EEA. There is no EMI legislation in Switzerland.

They are trying out a new fintech license regime but the barrier to entry are still far higher than EU so if you're someone who's looking to set up an EMI, there is really no advantage to picking anything other than EU.

Hong Kong and Singapore have MSO/SVF licensing regimes which are comparable and that's where for example Neat, AirWallex, and Currenxie have sprung up (sometimes in conjunction with a license in Australia).

Reactions: khinkali

Latest Threads