Our valued sponsor

Living in Vietnam and Banking in US

William1

Apr 20, 2022
Florida
Visit site
I'm American/Canadian and I will be moving to Vietnam to get married and live, happily.
The problem is that we (she) is doing some forex trading and doing pretty well and I'm helping with it. The broker accepts fiat/crypto but the fiat will go into her account there. The crypto we can exchange on binance.com using P2P to any bank using SWIFT or whatever. I use credit cards in the US and the bills will need to get paid. To send money out (WU, MG, etc) the banks in Vietnam need to see bills and exactly where everything is going before they will allow a transfer. That's for each transfer. Can she open a personal account in some other country that we can exchange crypto for to be able to pay the bills? It's legit and sof isn't a problem, just need a bank or easy way to accomplish this. Thank you everyone. (If I started exchanging crypto for fiat, I'm sure I'll need a ton of paperwork as well as paying a taxation authority).

Yes, she can open a non-resident bank account outside Vietnam, but banks may have some limits for account opening like a minimum deposit etc. crypto and the banking system does not mix well so avoid that if you can.

I'm American/Canadian and I will be moving to Vietnam to get married and live, happily.
The problem is that we (she) is doing some forex trading and doing pretty well and I'm helping with it. The broker accepts fiat/crypto but the fiat will go into her account there. The crypto we can exchange on binance.com using P2P to any bank using SWIFT or whatever. I use credit cards in the US and the bills will need to get paid. To send money out (WU, MG, etc) the banks in Vietnam need to see bills and exactly where everything is going before they will allow a transfer. That's for each transfer. Can she open a personal account in some other country that we can exchange crypto for to be able to pay the bills? It's legit and sof isn't a problem, just need a bank or easy way to accomplish this. Thank you everyone. (If I started exchanging crypto for fiat, I'm sure I'll need a ton of paperwork as well as paying a taxation authority).
Your wife can open personal account in Singapore. Going for Premier Account from OCBC or DBS is possible and good because Singapore banks welcome Vietnamese

Reactions: William1